B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few friends and I want to start getting into track days and was just wanting your input for a few things.

What kind of brake setup where/are you using?
What kind of clutch/P.P. setup(s)?
What kind of tires would you recommend other than slicks?
What kind of suspension products are you using along with any possible custom mods for the track?
What kind of upgrades should I worry about for the cooling system?

Thanks for any info/help. I would also understand if you dont want to tell me everything because of course this is a competitive sport so...again, thanks!

Josh

·
Administrator
5,873 Posts
What kind of brake setup where/are you using? Powerslot rotors, SS lines, motul fluid, Carbotech XP8 pads
What kind of clutch/P.P. setup(s)? Stock
What kind of tires would you recommend other than slicks? Azenis was what I ran.
What kind of suspension products are you using along with any possible custom mods for the track? Motivational coilovers, front and rear sways.
What kind of upgrades should I worry about for the cooling system? I ran stock with no issues.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, here is the wish list so far

EBC Yellowstuff pads (F/R)
EBC Sport Slotted & Drilled Rotors (F/R)
Goodridge S.S. Lines
Koyo Radiator
Mishimoto Hoses
Spec Aluminum Flywheel
ATE Super Blue Fluid swap
Energy Suspension Rear Control Arm Bushings
Eibach Sway Bars (F/R)

all from the same place came to $1,816.23 unless some one has the hook up for this stuff

still looking for good prices for BC coilovers, need advice for clutch, and im really digging the kumho v710's. for a 215/40R17 @ TireRack.com its $195/each plus $15 if you want them heat cycled. thats a little more than what i paid for my winter tires lol. i can get free tires from my friend to use on the street.

·
Administrator
5,873 Posts
Are you looking to do track days, or race nasa/scca events? If you are looking at track days then i think you are going overboard with tires and such.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eh, possibly but I like to be able to do the best I possibly can and to do that I have to have my car setup right...

·
Administrator
5,873 Posts
First thing that makes you the best is your ability, not the cars. The best way for you to learn is to start small and as your skills improve you move onto bigger and better.

I would say to start you should do the following on your list.

EBC Yellowstuff pads (F/R)
EBC Sport Slotted & Drilled Rotors (F/R)
Goodridge S.S. Lines
BC coilovers
Energy Suspension Rear Control Arm Bushings
Eibach Sway Bars (F/R)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input man, and i do agree with you. but i like to go hard like that lol.

anyways, im sure the cooling upgrade wouldnt hurt as its not too expensive.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay, so here is the new list and update info after talking to some other member here and on nasaforums

oe rotors f/r
carbotech pads f/r
either the jwt or spec clutch/pp/flywheel setup
motul rbf600 fluid swap
goodridge ss lines
possibly a new steering rack if it doesnt pass nasa tech inspection

as for the track, its not looking too bad. $45 for nasa membership, $209 for hpde1 friday april 8 at mid-ohio, $??? nasa inspection, $??? helmet.

·
Administrator
5,873 Posts
I would not stick with stock rotors. At minimum do Brembo blanks. I have AutoX, tracked, and street driven my Powerslots for many miles with zero issues.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
from what I have been hearing across many folks is that they dont have any issues with OE/Blank Rotors. most folks are also saying that slotted/dimpled/drilled rotors are mainly for bling and upon serious track use produce stress cracks, which i can honestly attest to. i had brembo slotted/drilled on one of my cars and it did have tiny little cracks. and that was only from street use. not to mention this is only my first time on the track so i dont need to blow tons of money on parts. i need brakes badly anyways and performance pads will work just fine for now.

·
Administrator
5,873 Posts
I can tell you the one thing I don't want any chance of failing when I am at high speeds and that's my brakes. I know all about cross drilled and slotted rotors. I have ran both along with blanks. Drilled has issues, slotted not so much. If you are upgrading to a stronger race pad you will wear out OE rotors and that will leave you in a bad spot when you need to drive home. If you are upgrading the rest of your braking components you should do your rotors also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts