B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed and soundin' SWEEEEEET!!! It isn't too loud and the sound is deep and sweet!!! Performance, I started feeling an increase in HP around 10 miles of driving on it and it keeps getting better!~OH YEAH, Scared the **** out of myself! When I started it for the first time I took it for a rip around town and when I came flying back up into my lot smoke was pouring off of it. Then my step-dad told me that it's the chrome and finish burning off. Either way it stopped and everything's better. Installation was Easy (except it took 1.5 hours, one of which was removing ONE stubborn bolt on the CAT frange) I took pics, I'll get them developed tomorrow, scan them, and post, them. Till then, GET SUM'!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
right on man.... i'm happy for yaa... i felt the same power once i installed my 5zigen.... how's the quality of the down pipe.. my friend is thinking of getting one for his... does it sound too loud.. or is it just right... cuz mine is silent as hell on idle.. and a little loud around 3000 rpms.. but hey i got the music blastin soo it doesn't bother me.. well can't wait to see them pics

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is quiet!!! I thought it would get loud with more miles on it?? It's nice though, perfect for me cuz I hate hearing loud *** cars wizzing by. (esp. the ones that sound like crap)

·
Registered
268 Posts
got a question...

I checked with Scott at overboost.com and he told me in order to get it fit me car, "The exhaust front pipe flange will need to be relocated a few inches closer to the engine".

I am wondering if this will affect the sound of the cat-back...if so, how?

and Hokemon, its nice to hear you like your hks. How does it sound when idle? and can you notice a big difference when you are inside the car with everything closed? :confused:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At idle you can only hear her purr if you stand right next to it. When you start it, the sound is AWESOME! And when I'm inside the car you can hear the deep sound. Mostly around 2-3 g's but the weird thing is that it is loud and deep when advancing to an rpm but as soon as you drive at a constant rpm (like staying at 2.5 or 3) it quiets down a bit. I definately recommend this exhaust!! It is absolutely everything I asked for, and I asked for what I think is the ideal exhaust on these boards.

Question? - is it normal that when I let off the gas at or above 3000 I can hear a quiet popping sound. It only does it like 3 times. ( **pop*pop*pop** )

·
Registered
297 Posts
*pop* *pop* *pop*

is prety customary that it happens, but all I know is that my Stromung was doing that when I had it, up until I advanced the timing to 17-18 degrees now, now it revs even better and doesn't *pop*.... on the way back, I am guessing that my fuel mixture is slightly better due to the timing advance, I really recommend advancing the timing, on my auto it dropped like .3secs of my quarter mile time.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hokemon said:
Mine is quiet!!! I thought it would get loud with more miles on it?? It's nice though, perfect for me cuz I hate hearing loud *** cars wizzing by. (esp. the ones that sound like crap)
Sounds alot like my GReddy SP exhaust nice and quiet until you're at wot then it gives off a sweet low deep rumble never too loud just perfect! Good Luck with your HKS glad to hear you like it and that it sounds sweet...

·
Registered
623 Posts
the poping sound u heard is due to rich air/fuel mixture. when the air is gets pushed out of the cylinders, there are still fuel in it and is heated up by the exhaust and thats what cause the popping sound. this is also known as "after fire". when u advance ur timing, this help burns more of the fuel b4 it leaves the cyl, thats y theres no poping sound after it leaves the cyl.

·
Registered
297 Posts
yep, thanks chino

i knew I was right in a way, but your words make my point sound so much more intelligent. g/j keep up the knowledge man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts