B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as part of the other project I am planning on doing I am going to need to add a bunch of gauges. I'm not really a fan of the a piller gauge setups, so I have been thinking of other ideas.

So far I have come up with two.

1. Convert the storage comparment on the top of the dash to hold some gauges. Origianlly back when I first got the car I wanted to use this as something to hold a lcd screen like the cars in Japan get or the new I30. Right now I am thinking it could hold 3 small gauges or 2 somewhat good size ones with a lot of modification. I figure I could take out the whole lid and make some sort of fiberglass covering, but I have never dealth with fiberglass and think that would suck to try to do. The other idea is to cut the lid short and then try to do just a little fiberglass, or maybe bondo? Anyone have any ideas how to do it?

2. Put gauges in the din slot below the heating controls. That should be easy, just involves a plastic peiece and something to mount the guages. The problem with that is the gauges are way down low. Can I swap the space where the radio is with that slot and then the gauges would be up higher?

Ideas? Comments?

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

·
Registered
605 Posts
If you get an aftermarket radio, you would be able to put it under the ac. The only problem is that your cup holders would be obsolete. If you put any in front of the radio, you can't change to station (very easily). I am not too sure what you could do with the space that the radio is positioned now because I have not taken the car apart as yet. With the b13s, I know you could do anything.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
that raises a good idea david....
I am going to have to look at it and see how it could be done......

but I have a question,,,what kinda guages are you planning on putting???

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2000SE:
i'd have to go with #2 david. The din space below the ac controls is just begging for gauges.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know but it sucks to have too look down to read them. I suppose I could put the important one somewhere that I could read. easily and put the less important ones down there.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well its either, fuel pressure or boost! David , whats the deal with leaving your fellow b15'rs in the dark on up and coming projects, first the coilovers and now your turbo!

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

·
Registered
605 Posts
I just took apart no whole dash yesterday and must say that is definately possible to put meters there. An aftermarket radio would definately fit in the compartment under the ac, and there is more than enough room to work wit everything.

IF you want to see how much room you have behind your radio, open the top storage compartment, and pull up and out; towards the overhead light. Don't pull too hard because the hazard light button is still connected. It will give you a good idea of how much space you are working with.

Only problem that I see is finding a cover for the meters that will fit into the molding of the stock radio compartment.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts