B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of gas do ya'll recommend if I just have a SE w/ pp and a pop intake>?????

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille

·
Registered
312 Posts
Unless you advance your timing, use 87 octane
just like the owner's manual says. No sense in throwing your money away on higher octane fuel.

As far as brands go, I've never noticed a difference.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI (in da mail), Kenwood KFC-1738Cs (in da back)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I useually use Sunnoco 87 otane in my car....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

G

·
I always wanted to dyno a car using different brands and grades of fuel to see if there is a difference.

A motorcycle magazine did a test like that comparing pump gas to pump gas + octane booster and race gas. You'd be surprised what they came up with! Granted, the motorcycle engine is in a much higher state of tune, but it proved a point. Gas does matter....to a certain extent.

I doubt the HP differece would be significant in a car like the Sentra though.

I've tried several brands in my car, and I've never noticed a difference. It's all been "winter" fuel though. They add ethanol into the gas here. In summer, I should be in better shape.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- P.O.S. Hotshot CAI (getting sent back, going with Place Racing)

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts