B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of gas mileage are you all getting ? Doesnt seem like they are good on gas. I have had my GXE 00 for about a month and its seems like it sucks up gas fast.

M

·
0 Posts
What kind of fuel economy have you been getting? YOur car is still new....you can expect gas mileage to go up over time.

Personally, I get in the Mid 20's on my SE. Anywhere from 24~28MPG depending on the type of driving.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Same here SE wise...

Low - 22.1
High - 30

6000 miles on the ticker. Pretty heavy foot.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof. No mods yet.

The senior citizen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With a near 50/50 split between highway and city driving (just reached the 1K mark), my last tank, I got 31mpg. My fiance accused me of driving like an old granny during the first 1,000 miles as I rarely got the tach above 3,000RPM. I just finished changing the oil for the first time (at 1,008 miles) so I'll probably ease up into the 4,000-4,500 RPM range for the next 1K miles.

I love this car!

MK

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I also have a 2K SE and I'm also getting around the mid 20's

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
I got 37.8 and 34.3 on a trip. That's absolutely the best you'll get except for a 50 mph tail wind. I got 29 in suburban driving (close to city driving.) I attempted to get good milage in both cases. Your engine should do better. Drive like you have an egg under the gas and brake pedal and you can get good gas milage - if you want it. My wife acuses me of driving like an old man- but then again, I am one.

Personally, I have never seen milage go up as a car is broken in. That's more true now because of accuracy of parts sizes. My vehicle had 1000 miles on it during the trip.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah, but how many miles did your transmission have on it. hehe.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (In a UPS truck...again)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck...again)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
maxximtl:

Got me here- well broken in. Might have made the difference, huh?

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
783 Posts
GXE 5sp mostly commuting, with some high speed highway 34.5 mpg for 28,700 miles. The commute has bumper to bumper traffic on part of it, and goes from sea level to 1800 feet and back down. Probably a bit high, because the speedometer reads about 3%low.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well, I just reached 3K miles and did my first oil change. I was getting 20-23mpg before with mixed driving. I sure hope the milage goes up now.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hey, another mileage check!
I have 7800 miles on the car now since May last year. The last three tanks of gas....26mpg, 27mpg, 23mpg. The first two were much more highway driving, the last was pick up and go, stop, start, warming the car for longer.. mid 20's most of the time!

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts