B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. I'm just wondering what your gas mileages are like? I seem to be gettin on about 11-12 gallon tanks about 230-240 miles out of them..which seems like its under what it's supposed to be.. Any other automatics close to that?

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes it worse with all the damn gas prices goin skyhigh..aren't these cars supposed to be compact economy cars? I mean.. the damn Civic's get like 30+mpg!

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Yeah, it really sucks. I just got my lowest gas mileage yet at 24.4 MPG, and the gas prices are HIGH as **** now. Ahh.....can we get a hybrid that pushes 145 HP please? :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't have a sentra but I do have an automatic and it is a SE :D

the focus has a 2.0liter 4 that puts out 130hp/135lb-ft
most of the time I get about 27mpg
city and 31-34mpg highway, my best so far was when i drove from Baltimore to Boston using 93octane I got 40mpg, my worst was 17mpg on my second tank(before end of break-in)

:D

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Yup. I'm breaking about 20-22 miles to the gallon. I get excited when I get 260 miles from a tank of gas. Is this normal??? Oh yea, I got an auto too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My car varies I get about 27 to 30 mpg.But I have a 5 speed
When I first got my GXE the gas miliage was poor.(around 22mpg to 25mpg)

Gas mileage increase over time. (or so it seems) It also seems faster now that more miles. I have 8100 miles.

With the gas prices soaring I am still glad that I dont have
a big *** SUV or someother gas guzzling v6 or v8. Those suckers are paying at least 50.00 on a FILL UP.

Right now gas is about $1.94 at a ARCO (I dont like to use
cheap gas) Its about 2.04 at a Chevron or Mobil..WOW. It goes up about 6 cents a week. I feel lucky to find a gas
station with gas at 1.90 !! now that is sad. =(

I try not to let my car get lower than a half a tank. This
way I only spend $10.00 at a time to fill out.

·
Registered
297 Posts
yes mileage is horrible

Yeah I have an auto too, the mileage is horrible, I've gone as low as 18mpg for like 2 tanks, right now it is getting like 240-270 miles per tank with a fill up of 11 gallons, right now I drove on the highway and some on the street and I've put 300 miles on it thus far, but the fuel light ahs been on for like 30 miles, ohh well, mileage sucks and gas prices going up.....oohhhh welll! :(

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Milage..

The car will give good gas milage if that's what you want. I've taken two 400 mile trips. I check it very accurately. Highest was 37.9, lowest 35.4. In suburban traffic it gets 31. City-about 24-26. But then again-I baby the thing. If you don't believe this - just for one tank: Keep it under 3500 rpm-give minimal gas all the time. I know it sucks. Oh, I do use synthetic oil in engine and Transmission. That might be good for 1 mpg-maybe.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I've been running ~ 22-24mpg, but factor in that I work so close to my home and rarely get above 50 mph. In a recent 600 mile round trip, I averaged ~ 35mpg. This is with the SE automatic.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe it gets better as the car breaks in more. I just folled up yesterday and with mixed driving (city/highway) I averaged just over 30 mpg (with a 5 spd, 87 octane). It seems as though it's been getting better though the longer I've had the car.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I average about 260-270 miles per each fill up...

·
Jersey Sentra
243 Posts
I'm getting about 28 MPG - I do a combo of highway/stop and go traffic driving to work. On the weekends it's pretty much highway if I go anywhere.

Much better then my Maxima which was at 21, but my old Saturn (ugh why did I have that car?) was a whopping 35 MPG. Efficient car but it had little power and after 7 years that thing was falling apart just like any other AMerican car.

--*Rob

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
I normally get 300 miles out of a tank,(SE Auto) and I do alot of hwy/city driving. 22000 miles and I've had it since June. Up until 3 months ago I was only getting about 270 out of a tank. Then I chnaged the way I drive from jetting around, to just driving normally. I think with the way gas prices are that is the key.

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
I was getting about 240 or so per tank, then I got the Stromung midpipe and I have gone over 300 2 times now, with most of the time I get about 280 or so. later

·
Registered
169 Posts
i just got back from a long trip 811 highway miles 3 tanks of gas (91 or better octane). MPG: 30.6, 31.2, 29.5. Average crusing speed ranged from 55-85.

City I usualy get between 19-23 depending on how hard I accelerate and rush hour traffic. I usualy try not to rev it past 3K, but at least once or twice a drive it gets up to 4-5K rpms. Once you get pat that in the lower gears you'll get it out of its economy mode. Power requires fuel.

doc

tgenius said:
Well.. I'm just wondering what your gas mileages are like? I seem to be gettin on about 11-12 gallon tanks about 230-240 miles out of them..which seems like its under what it's supposed to be.. Any other automatics close to that?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I get about 25mpg, maybe a little more, with 90% surface streets (stop and go), A/C on 24/7 (it's already 100+ freaking degrees here!) and some mildly aggressive driving (giving it some gas off the lights :) ). I have just over 10,000 miles on it and use Chevron Unleaded (87 octane).

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
With my Auto SE I'm only gettin about 250 miles on a complete tank. I do a LOT of city driving (stop and go) and I hardly give my car a rest... I've got 5000 miles on it, but have only had it since February 23!!

I also drive with a lot of force (i'm always late) so that attributes to the low mileage too.

Dallas, Texas gas prices are ranging from 1.57 to 1.75 dollars per gallon...

MAN 2.04 for some of you??? that's crazy!!

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
MAN 2.04 for some of you??? that's crazy!!

$2.09 in the suburbs of Chicago. Even higher in Ehicago!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts