B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might already be out there but i thought i would let you guys know how i made out. I called Techno Square Inc and inquired as to how the ecu project for the qr25 was going and got some good and bad news. The bad first was that they blew the engine on the test car they were using, supposedly it was running to lean or something im not to familiar with how engines blow that way but thats what the guy said. The good news is the guy is getting the test car back and anticipates the ecu coming out within months!!! from what i understand there arent any ecu's out there for our car (correct if im wrong) so this is great news. he said to keep up with the web site and it will be posted as soon as its done http://www.technosquareinc.com/new.htm.
thats all i know for now again sorry if this is known info but i just found out today.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yeah doesnt sound like they are doing to well but at least they are trying.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
chimmike said:
excellent. they blew the engine. Wonderful!

that sure means they did a good job tuning!
Hahahaha..and with limited resource I can imagine the failure rate when they bring it to the market place :D

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
sweet i can blow my motor sooner than planned

·
Registered
557 Posts
Never underestimate how much competition affects the outcome of new products...
They may blow every motor they install there ECU into but maybe JWT will come out with there ECU finally!

·
Registered
31 Posts
chimmike said:

rofl

Yeah, but you gotta break some eggs to make a good omelet.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Any gains before it blew?

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Deadking said:
rofl

Yeah, but you gotta break some eggs to make a good omelet.
i would hope so, i dont want any egg shells in my omelet

·
Southern Shift Racing
2,511 Posts
NISMO82 said:
sweet i can blow my motor sooner than planned
lmfao... :p

Interesting news nonetheless. :D The ECU is really the last major hurdle performance wise for the qr25. And I believe the tuning of the ECU holds the key to obtaining ~200whp from an N/A qr25 (EVERY major bolt-on in addition to the ECU). Oh it'll happen I'm sure...just how long it takes and how many engines are blown in the process is still a little iffy. :eek:

·
Suffering From Boost Envy
725 Posts
i dont see how they could be only a couple months away from releasing it if they just blew an engine.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Sunburst03 said:
hey.......just b/c i want a 7000rmp redline doesn't make me a ricer thank you very much......i would just like to see some peak HP out of my engine

Late,
Daniel
you won't see any 7krpm on stock valvetrain...........

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
oh i know........just wait until i'm down with my monster.......i don't think there will be much left that is stock;).....you should know by now I can't leave well enough alone

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
i want to run a tercel ecu in my spec :D

which i SHOULD get back from the dealer tomorrow (how long does it take to change a ****ing thermostat gasket?)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Hey, what are all of your expectations of any new ecu's that are coming out? Is it just a better a/f ratio? In other words, what will the new ecu (if it ever comes out) improve?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Arvin said:
Hey, what are all of your expectations of any new ecu's that are coming out? Is it just a better a/f ratio? In other words, what will the new ecu (if it ever comes out) improve?

Its going to add VTEC! :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
no really, what are you expecting from the improved ecu?

·
Registered
359 Posts
chimmike said:

chimmike, I lost count... this is what, ECU thread #32903806529386 or #32903806529387?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.