B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in my first intro post that I have almost bald Falken FK452's on my stock 17's for the summer, and I've started looking for replacements. I am mostly going by price, and of course, not planning on buying total junk.

I had 215/45 ZR17(Y) Fuzion ZRi's on the 17x7" SVT Euro wheels I had on my Focus I used to have, and they were absolutely stunning in both the dry and wet, and cost me $145 each. Those as I know, were discontinued at least 2 years ago now, and they have the UHP's tp replace them with. I can get those for a good price, and wonder if they night be worth checking out...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got the 215/45 Fuzion UHP for my Sentra. I put about 3k miles on the tires. They're decent for the price. As of now, they're still pretty quiet. Pretty good on the dry & decent on the wet. As for snow traction, I'd say it's below average.

I had the Fuzion ZRi too in the past & I loved it. They were great tires for the price! As for the UHP, I only put about 3k miles on it & so far I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the response...I was also looking at the General Tire G-Max AS3's but I read they have soft sidewalls and aren't that great in fast lane change maneuvers or in the rain.

The ZRi left nothing to be desired on my Focus (which has a full Focus RS suspension conversion done to it, amongst other things), and I enjoyed them most of all in the wet...I could drive at a stupid speed and not have to back off when it was raining. I am hoping that the UHP's will have similar results, and I figure that 215/45 17's on the stock rims will do a good job, especially when I can get them for less than $95.00 each (cdn $).

I hope that others on here can provide some advice or feedback on tires they have used on their cars...

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Have you considered Hankooks?
short of my Star-Specs the Hankooks I had before that were my favorites to date, and were very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up getting the Fuzion UHP's, and I've had no buyers remorse at all. They are great in the rain, have fabulous lateral grip on dry pavement, aren't very loud, and the car rides pretty smoothly with them too. I just find their hydroplane resistance is not as good as the ZRi or Bridgestones I've had in the past were. But, since they were less than $95 each shipped to my house, I can't complain at all. I understand that they are a budget tire, but at least they were made by Bridgestone (the parent manufacturer of Fuzion), and aren't some other cheapie pacific rim tires.

Treadlife has been great, I haven't even had to rotate them yet surprisingly. I will put them on the opposite ends of the car in the spring though.

If any of you want a decent replacement for your car without breaking the bank, and aren't concerned with keeping up with F1 cars, these are the tires for you...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts