B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was monday afternoon and i figured i would run my car to one of those pull up insert quarters and spray washes. I was washing it kind of relieved that its gonna be washed and i wouldnt have to spend a lot of time on it. I spray the car top to bottom starting from the drivers side and eventually made it to the bumper. When I had started spraying the bumper i see a silver piece fly up from the water. I thought it was just my eyes messing with me ;) i sprayed the front ,stopped, looked to see if i missed any spots on the front. BOOM right there sticking out like a sore thumb. The paint had just peeled right off my front bumper from that car wash. I knew our paint was thin.. but god... that is really thin. Time to take it back to the dealership.

Anybody else notice that the paint on the rear spoiler looks of much better quality than the rest of the car?

G

·
My bumper paint peeled off too. Gotta be careful with the pressure washers. I think our paint is water soluble.

BTW, don't count on getting the whole bumper repainted. They only repainted teh small section where the paint peeled on my car. If you do get your whole bumper painted, LET ME KNOW ASAP!

·
Registered
222 Posts
These horror stories about the paint on these cars is scaring the crap out of me. So far the only problem I've had is lots of chips on the side mirrors.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Those car-washes are why I bought an hose adapter, a 75ft garden hose and a bucket to wash my car at my apartment. Just hook up the hose to the kitchen sink, run the garden hose down the stairs and out the front door, and boom! - nice safe, non-damaging car wash at my apartment.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
i feel bad for you that ae having paint issues. maybe from me being in FLA and the sun baking the paint. due to a water drought, i don't have the luxury of washing my car at home. i either take it to a place for a full detail, ($50 and up for a very crappy job)take it to a drive thru or use the self wash places. i have yet to have any paint issues with mine.

·
Jersey Sentra
243 Posts
You have to watch even those hose nozzles. Never use a hose nozzle full blast on the paint on a car.

I got a "Shower nozzle" - it's made for watering plants - it has what looks like a shower head on the end of an extended pole - it is a nice soft wide shower - works much better for rinsing the car off.

--*Rob

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Maybe the answer is to use enough quarters to talk off all of the paint. Then they'll have to repaint it all??

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Yeah, I splurged and got the "shower" one - it has 6 different settings, including soaker.

·
Registered
50 Posts
just wondering...how long have you guys had your cars that have had paint peeling off the bumpers? and I agree...very scary...I would totally freak out. This is ridiculous with these paint problems...does anyone know if anything new has come up after giving car/color/year to the guy on the Maxima board? (on the paint prob thread a while back) just wondering...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts