B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was trying to install my new nismo front anti-sway bar and while trying to remove the nut and bolt on the endlinks (I'm pretty sure thats what those stalks are called) to remove the stock bar, I notcied how easily the deflected under my small amount of force. I was just wondering if anyone made harder bushings for these pieces or if they can be tightened somehow. Doesnt seem like the sway bar is gonna do alot of good if the ends flex so much.

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one knows? Does the Stillen or eibech bars comes with new bushings?

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
are you talking about the piece that the end of the swaybar attaches to? or the clamps on the swaybar?

I think the part of the front control arm which the swaybar connects to is supposed to be able to rotate and move around

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
No one makes a part but my guess is if you picked up the ones made for the previous sentras they would work fine. Its a pretty generic bushing.

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I am talking about the 'stalk' thats on the control arm (i think thats right) where the ends of the sway bar connect to. I'm sure its meant to move some, hence why it has bushing and isn't a rigid connection but the bushings are so spongy I dont see how the sway bar can be doing mnuch good keeping the chassis rigid.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
those "stalks" were actually what was causing the majority of my front suspension noises/problems....

when you reinstall those stalks, for some reason, there is no way to tighten them down enough because there is not enough thread on the bolt.... i could actually move the endlinks around very easily by hand... what i had to do was buy 12 washers big enough to fit over the bolt, and put 6 washers on the bottom of each stalk, right before i put the nut on...

tightened them down quite a bit, and my suspension feels 110% better, its unbelieveable....

so now my suspension is 100% perfect, i just need me some azenis.... broke *** college students... hmmmmmmm....

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm. I am not quite following you man. Washers on the bottom? You took the stalks out totally? I just undid the bolt/nut that held the sway bar on is that what you are talking about? I might need a simple drawing here to understand what you are saying.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Gandalf said:
Hmm. I am not quite following you man. Washers on the bottom? You took the stalks out totally? I just undid the bolt/nut that held the sway bar on is that what you are talking about? I might need a simple drawing here to understand what you are saying.

i left the stalks attached to the stock fsb, but unbolted them from under the control arms.. it was the only way i could get them out of the car....

anyway, when i put them back on, i noticed that there was sooo much play in them that they could be wiggled around really really easily..

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
03blackout said:
i left the stalks attached to the stock fsb, but unbolted them from under the control arms.. it was the only way i could get them out of the car....

anyway, when i put them back on, i noticed that there was sooo much play in them that they could be wiggled around really really easily..
hm.... could you take a couple pics and post the size washers you were using? I gotta get under my car to install my o2 sim soon anyhow.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
lawngn0mex said:
hm.... could you take a couple pics and post the size washers you were using? I gotta get under my car to install my o2 sim soon anyhow.
car is 3 1/2 hours away... :( dont remind me... im at school... no way to get pictures either... just look at the bottom of those stalks, and see if they wiggly around easily.... if not, than dont even worry about it, if so, pm me or IM me at rtm319 and i can help you out....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts