B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my front right speaker, after the music slows down or the bass stops, buzzes like a mother****er... i took the whole door apart and put more of my peel n' seal (ghetto dynamat) in the door panel, and i took out the speaker, checked it all out, and it looked fine, so i put it back in.... then i went for a spin, and same ****....

could the speaker be blown, cause if it is im gonna start bustin heads...

the speakers are jl xr components, and they are powered by a us acoustics usb4085 (85w x 4 rms)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm going to say it blown. When I was using the JL's I blew up a couple, before they are completly blown they will buzz, its a problem in the voice coil. I hope they are still under warrenty. Just take it out, go to the store you bought it from and tell them to give you new one. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uhhhh. how would i work out that warranty business with e-bay? didn't think so...

rockford fanatic q's are next in the lineup... guess im out $240...

any other opinions guys?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry man, was it new or used?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say try something other than rockford or JL.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was brand new.... never opened....

what would you say to try? in the under $250 range (not strict... id pay more if it was worth it)

im giving them 85w rms, so take that into consideration...

ive heard the rockford q's have awesome bass for a component set... and my jls were definitely lacking with bass up front, so i was gonna opt for these...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well you can try to find some dynadio but I'm not sure of the price range. I personally use Boston Acoustics, I feel they are the best sounding speakers in any price range. They have two series, the rally and the pro. The rally are 280 and the pro are 440. Both will handle the power effectively. They are not real bass heavy, just extremely smooth. Yes the rockfords have excellent bass but they lack midrange. Also if the speakers were brand new you could try and return it to a store, they might be willing to help you out considering they'll only send it back to the manufactuer with no questions asked.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i could never find dynaudios for under like 400... and i listened to boston pro series next to my jl xr's in the shop when i was speaker shopping, and i chose the xr's over the bostons.... i liked them a lot better...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey man to each his own, I used to sell both, the boston is a better speaker that will last a lot longer. Speakers do not sound the same in the store as they do in a car. Also buy it from a store and get a warrenty so your not going through this again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts