1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back by popular demand.

Freakmont XI - (eleven)

We've changed locations.

This year were are going to be hosting the event at BLOX Racing in Fremont at 12pm.

Check out http://freakmont.team-driven.net/ for the full details and to let us know if you're coming.

Like past Freakmonts and because its a BBQ, we need you to bring the food. Without your help we all wouldn't have such a great event to go to every year.

See you there.

·
HI Jess
1,906 Posts
hi dave :)

everyone go to this meow

·
Registered
2 Posts
sad to miss this. dave i moved to texas but id realy like a td hoodie or shirt to rep out here let me know

·
HI Jess
1,906 Posts
show up patrick. we need more sentras

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm registered; the last one me and the GF went to was when the infamous "tree incident" happened. Hope to see all the vets and meet some new folks too!

P.S. OrangeBeard is no longer true to his name...got some paint.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I'm registered; the last one me and the GF went to was when the infamous "tree incident" happened. Hope to see all the vets and meet some new folks too!

P.S. OrangeBeard is no longer true to his name...got some paint.
Lol that's like at least a couple of years ago.

·
WTF is a B15?
325 Posts
Holy Crap! Reggie! What's up man? Still doing audits?
Alex! Yup, still auditing, still trolling the Nissan forums LOL! I know, it's been a while. Caught up and hung out with Roger, Chris, and Tony a few months back. The more things change, the more things stay the same hahaha! What's up with you? How many babies you got, now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Due to unfortunate circumstances, I am posting the following.

NOTICE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Due to logistic issues, it has become necessary to cancel this event. Thank you to everyone that registered and/or expressed support.

I've posted a full letter of explanation on our website:
Freakmont XI Cancelled

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Alex! Yup, still auditing, still trolling the Nissan forums LOL! I know, it's been a while. Caught up and hung out with Roger, Chris, and Tony a few months back. The more things change, the more things stay the same hahaha! What's up with you? How many babies you got, now?
Got 1 for now. :D Man when are you doing anything over here? I don't live in Antioch anymore.

So Dave what happened with the deals with the go kart place? We weren't bringing in enough business for them?

·
HI Jess
1,906 Posts
it was an insurance issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The reason we got into the karting place originally was the marketing guy there approached me the same year we out grew the park, and so we went to LeMans ( karting facility) because he said he had tons of space, well it was adequate for what we needed. last year my contact kinda left me hanging as he left sometime mid planning and I then was dealing with another contact, ops manager, that was gracious enough to honor the setup my original contact/planner had made. But the ops mngr hinted that usually they charge (anywhere from 300-400) for what we were doing to help off set the costs that are lost from taking up spaces, use of bathrooms, etc. Because not everyone races they don't make as much money from us being there.

So because of that we decided to go where my original contact moved to as he said he had a great place to hold our event, namely BLOX. AND again he left and didn't tell me or tell those in charge that he had setup an event. Once I had to initiate communications with BLOX without my contact, they weren't on board as it wasn't in there business model. I've since realized that my contact has now left me out to dry twice and I've decided not to work with him any longer. I'm not putting his name out there. Some might know who I'm referring to, but it doesn't matter. Its not that I have any animosity toward him, I just learned not to follow his leads.

That being said, the planners of what Freakmont has become have decided to let the event rest for awhile until we can find a place and perhaps an entity that would partner with us to keep it going. I don't anticipate that happening at least in the next year.

However... would anyone be interested in a B15 BBQ on that day at Lake Elizabeth? I'm not planning it, I'm just putting the idea out there, if you want to do it, start a thread, make a list and make it happpen.
Since some of us seemed to have set the day aside, why not make the most of it eh?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts