Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a local repair shop that will gladly
change oil that I supply. They will charge me
$8.00 if I supply the oil and filter.
I am going to switch to Mobil 1 and the Nissan
Filter. How many quarts of Mobil One should I
buy to give the shop along with the filter?

Also, does 8 bucks seem like a fair price?

·
Registered
197 Posts
i pay 10 including the filter and labor, its cheaper to do yourself but sometimes its just easier to drop it off and get it done, bring in 5 quarts, they should give you a half a quart or so back

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
A friend of mine with a B14 took his own Mobile1 to our local Nissan dealer enough times for them to just start carrying it before I bought the Spec. Ask at the dealer if they'll pick it up for you. I like doing my changes there. If I'm late I blame them for not calling and they keep the records.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Great

Excellent deal. If you have the SE get 4 quarts. With the larger filter (get the one for the 2000 and earlier maxime) its just under 4 quarts.

You can do an oil analysis-look me up if you are interested. Thbat will tell if they used Mobil. Mobil's additive package is easy to spot.

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Any garage including the dealer can do oil change with the OIL you want until you bring the oil with you. As for the capacity, check in the owner's manuel to be sure but QG18 with filter change should'nt be more than 4qt MAX.

And good choice to switch to synthetic and Mobil1. Your engine will love it so much ;) Depend of the actual mileage of the engine, the weather were you leave (cold days are comming), fuel efficiency, cold start engine protection, you may decice between 5W-30 and 10W-30.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Re: do they really do it

restoman said:
If I go to the dealer, who do I know that they
really will use Mobil 1??
well this is what i always do, they charge me $7 for the filter and $11 labor..it would make no sense for them not to use your oil and then charge u less cuz they would be losing money..plus i always get about a half quart back so i know they're using it

·
Registered
773 Posts
man my dealer wanted 40 bucks when the recal was going on to put in mobile 1 synthetic instead of the regular crap they were going to use... thats nearly 8 bucks a quart.... the labor should have been free cause of warrenty?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts