B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think I posted about this before, but I've dyno tested the Stock paper filter vs. K&N vs. AFE. I've never heard of AFE before, until some shop mentioned it to me. It showed a gain of 4.2 HP and 4.9lbs/torque over stock and 2.4 HP increase over K&N. SO I just wanted to let you ppl who are looking for a drop in filtrer know what to get, its cheaper then a K&N as well. Heres the graph

Viktor

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not nessesarily, Ive dyno'ed my old intake a gain of 1.2HP... many dependent factors.....but I think the filter is the biggest factor to adding/taking away HP

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Really nice info here! Never heard about AFE too but it seem they have great products. I already have the K&N drop-in so I won't buy it but it's good to know.

It's strange to see the K&N go below the OEM at some points on the curve while the AFE is always upper the OEM...

Is your dynos as been done will all the 3 filters brand new and NOT dirty? And it would cool to also have a dyno with the lower resonator removed because it may increase the air flow as well...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts