B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Lower than u will ever be
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have been asking about the progress of my car I put up a few pics of the start of my taillight project. The taillights are getting shaved as soon as I finish the LED taillights I'm putting in. These pics are just of the lenses in, none of the body work has been started or anything. I'm gonna keep putting up new pics of the progress until they are finished. If you're wondering why the trunk lid isn't shaved anymore, someone hit it and when it dented it cracked the bodyfiller so I cut it all out for now and will be redoing it when I start shaving the taillights.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/153120/4

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
love the look on the trucks........i'm thinking though b/c the b15 trunk isn't flat like the truck tailgates........maybe putting two more on the bottom of the trunk would help visually.......i think it would look so hot with 4 LEDs on the trunk lid

Late,
Daniel

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about doing 2 more but because of how I have the car sitting when I'm driving, *** end almost on the ground and front up just the two will be pleny visable, at least as much as stocks if not more because they're brighter. These ones also have the reflective lens so they're DOT approved for those of you who are thinking they're not very safe.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
i wasn't concerned about visibility........i'm just thinking that from a visual stand point the trunk itself would look much better with a second set of LEDs on the bottom........it just looks out of proportion ya know

Late,
Daniel

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
if u really wanted to... itd be pointless if this is a daily driver but do like trucks do and seal ur trunk (tailgate on a truck) so ur hole back end looks smooth and mold ur rear bumper... shaving the lights will look awesome and the LED placement looks good but i would dont it wrapping around the side where the stock lights are... like a 10" bar then a 6-8" bar underneath it :)... just my ideas but i like ur ride alot... reminds me of my friends s-10 (truck world's civic)

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
or what would be really hot is when you fill in the tail lights........put the LEDs in the middle of the trunk on either side of the reverse lights and then put smaller LEDs where the tail lights were shaved right next to the trunk LEDs........when the trunk it closed it would look really hot

·
3,180 Posts
good ideas.... see if every thread had positive input like this b15sentra.net would be so much nicer.. but i still like the forums

·
Registered
501 Posts
Man, that's original as hell. I dig the idea, but I think another row directly under the existing ones in the rear, about 1 or 2 inches below it would look hot. As it sits, you can't really tell what it is from afar, but with 2 rows of lights, it may look more like it came that way.

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2KBlackSE said:
if u really wanted to... itd be pointless if this is a daily driver but do like trucks do and seal ur trunk (tailgate on a truck) so ur hole back end looks smooth and mold ur rear bumper... shaving the lights will look awesome and the LED placement looks good but i would dont it wrapping around the side where the stock lights are... like a 10" bar then a 6-8" bar underneath it :)... just my ideas but i like ur ride alot... reminds me of my friends s-10 (truck world's civic)

After the taillights get shaved the bumper is getting molded on but I can't mold the trunk shut cause I'll have to get in there to charge my batteries after I get the hydaulics in. Also I have to put gas in via the trunk, relocated filler neck, and also to mess with my stereo. I though about molding the bottom part and making the top, just abouve where the leds are at open but it would still be too much of a hassle. Never know though, I've always got crazy ideas runnin through my head. I also, like said before thought about doing more leds but I'm trying to stay with my clean shaven (CLNSHVN) theme so in my case less is better.

BTW, thanks for all the compliments and ideas, they just get me thinkin more...

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
im really likin the interior is it covered with something(cloth?) or is it a special paint? or am I retarted?, trunk is lookin better too, can't wait to see it finished n painted

The gray stuff is tweed and the blue is paint, well spray paint, I just keep it clean, lol

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
you should rock some ghost flames.......at the SEMA show there was a hardbody pickup...black with some sic ghost flames........they were so good too.......couldn't even see them until they hit the right light

Late,
Daniel

·
3,180 Posts

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that accord is pretty clean. I don't like the drivers side rear door though. I wanted to suicide my rear doors but can't now because I had to cut out the rear wheel wells to allow the wheels to come all the way up to lay it down.

·
3,180 Posts
how it comes out on an arm? ppl like that the most usually... lol... but the trunk was the purpose of showin the pic...just to give u an idea... also the hood comes up and over thefront windshield at an angle... jut had hinges built and need to be reinforced.... trial run made the hood wobbly

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
all depends on how shaving the taillights goes. if they go smoothly and I have them done by early to mid sept then I can finish the rest of the minor body work details and at least get a single color laid down by or shortly after christmas. If they give me trouble it may push paint off til next spring. If I wouldn't have decided to change the suspension AGAIN it would be in paint by now but this is for sure gonna be my last suspension setup, if anything I'll up it from a 2 pump setup to a 4 pump which is a days or at most weekend job that doesn't cost too much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts