B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What setup would you guys suggest for the best sound quality in a 2001 Sentra Se? I would like to have a system that sound really awesome. Not too much bass,no distortion. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yeah, look at my list and add to that 1 more amp of 2 channel that has 400watts.

Change all speakers to aftermarket good ones that the rms reach atleast 150.

Holler back

------------------
"ya nahmean?"
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Heres a possibility....

Get component speakers for all the doors so that you can have the tweeters mounted for best front stage. They usually come with crossovers too so that bass isn't distorting your mid range speakers. Make sure you buy an amp for the speakers a good 4 channel amp would do, make sure you get a decent brand so it puts out quality watts. You want an amp because running off a head can cause the speakers to clip, mostly because head amps arent very good and usually are low RMS powered.

Next get a sealed 10" or 12" sub for the back. Sealed will be a nice clear tite bass and a single sub will give you good kick. Again power this by a good amp.

If you want really good SQ dynamat the doorpanels, trunk, etc. so that sound is kept in the cabin and doesn't rattle your car.

You'll prolly want a separate xover if you have the money so that you can keep the frequencies where you need them and tweak everything.

As for brands, theres too many to list but some good brands are

speakers: a/d/s, eclipse, IDQ, MB, Boston, MASS, infinity, polk, etc. etc.

amps: there are tons of good amps

I think that just about covers it...also make sure your head is halfway decent, a good input is the start to a good system.

Best O' Luck

------------------
Neil
Visionology Interactive
http://www.visim.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just installed my stereo this past weekend in my 2000 Sentra XE and it sounds great!!! I have MB Quart separates in the doors and 6 1/4's in the rear deck. I dont have any subs and it still sounds great!!!! The MB Quarts definitely put out some quality sounds!! I have an MTX amp pushing them and a Sony Explode 750es as my head unit. I have tried many different brands of speakers and head units over the years and over the different cars and have found that to me Sony is my choice for head units and cd changers, MTX makes a nice brand of speakers which are basically the same as Kicker (since the original designer went over to them), but the MB Quarts are definitely the cream of the crop for the interior speakers!!! And MTX makes a good amp as well. Just make sure you check around for prices really good and get to know anyone that helps with the installation!!! I got lucky and knew the people that help me, and they also own a shop, but I have seen many, many people get shafted both on prices and setup!! Just dont rush it....I've had my car since November 2000 and have just put in my system.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey stylinchica,

Why 6 1/4s in the rear deck? 6 3/4's fit without modification, and I heard that even
6 1/2s are a pain to install.

Or did you mean 6 3/4?

Just curious.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof. No mods yet.

The senior citizen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oops...slip of the wrong finger in typing....Now I feel dumb.... :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
No biggie...

Thanks for the information, I'm going to buy
a pair for my rear deck.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof. No mods yet.

The senior citizen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They really sound great in the car. I think the only problem Im noticing is that because I got the seperates for the front I have to tweek them just right because the tweeters are very high!! They drown out the rear speakers....so I just have to find that right nitch...Trying to fine tune with the EQ in the head unit...not having too much luck yet because every cd or station on the radio is different...uuugh!!! Good luck with it though!! Im sure you will not be disappointed with the MB Quarts.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes the Quarts are pretty nice speakers, but if you are really happy with those, I'm sure you'll find yourself diving into audio full steam

At any rate, it really depends on what you want to spend, remember that it doesn;t take a lot of $$$ to have a good sounding system, the installation makes all the difference! Got a ball park figure of what you want to drop on a system? If so I'd be happy to make some recommendations. BTW I have some interesting audio stuff on my site, feel free to check it out if your interested!

------------------
late,
wes
my site

·
Registered
841 Posts
Did I miss it? What kind of MBQuartz? Q series or Refrenze?

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
940 Posts
honestly, i think the stock system is good enough with the 7-speaker system. the only upgrade i did was a kenwood 10"powered sub replacment. the deck and speakers sound good to me.

hey, i know if i upgrade it will be better, but why?

·
Registered
56 Posts
greendot, where did you get the kenwood powered sub and how much? thanks

------------------
2001 Sentra SE P/P, Window Tint, Razo carbon fiber pedals, SMC short shifter, Energy Suspension shifter bushing, Stillen front air dam, Place Racing CAI, K&N breather

·
Registered
940 Posts
kenwood outlet store in la mirada, CA. paid $100 plus $20 for 3-year warranty. if you live in los angeles, CA call 411 for number.

p.s., refurbished, but couldn't tell the diff.

·
Registered
139 Posts
greendot said:
honestly, i think the stock system is good enough with the 7-speaker system. the only upgrade i did was a kenwood 10"powered sub replacment. the deck and speakers sound good to me.

hey, i know if i upgrade it will be better, but why?
180W or 300W version?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I personnaly want to compete in the IASCA world championship for sound quality with my setup. My friend, the 2003 world champion (SQ, rookie class, 601+) won with a 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV and had almost the same setup, so if well installed and especialy well tuned ('cause that's where you make or break a great setup: tuning!), our cars sound great. Here's the setup in my 2004 volcanic orange Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV (see my www.cardomain.com/id/orangevee for pics).
1) (New for 2004) Alpine CDA-9833 swingface head unit
2) Alpine X-Type flagship series 3-way components (SPX-F17T)
3) JL Audio 300/4 power amplifier
4) JL Audio 500/1 mono power amplifier
5) 1 JL Audio 12W6V2 subwoofer
6) JL Audio ProWedge sealed enclosure for subwoofer
7) Metra Radio kit 99-7414
8 )Optima Red Top Battery (800 cold cranking amps)
9) Phoenix Gold wires, battery poles, fuse holder and distribution block
10) Cascade Audio Engineering V-Block 2 sound dampening all around the car
11) Custom fiberglass tweeter pods and kick panels
12) Tsunami 1-Farad capacitator

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Holy thread resurrection batman!

This thing's been here longer than me

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
2001 SE #2 said:
Holy thread resurrection batman!

This thing's been here longer than me
Yeah no kidding. I was looking through it and I was like who the hell are these guys.
LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts