B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about that black splash shield that is around the filter, by the tire....

Did you cut that or anything? I think that if some of that was removed (like below the filter), more air from outside would go in. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
The Splash sheild???Is that what you're talking about????

If so it also exposes your filter more which greatens your risk of hydrolocking your motor...So I wouldn't suggest it,,But it was a good idea....:)

G

·
I left mine as is. If you open it up, your just inviting water into the fenderwell. I think having added protection from water is more valuable than any performance gain you might see. Although, I don't think there would be an appreciable gain in performance. I guess you could try it though.....it would be easy to cut.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm not worried about hydrolocking my engine. you would have to drive through a foot or more water at like 6000 RPM to get water through the oil filled filter then up the big *** pipe (which happens to be like 3' long). almost impossible IMO, unless you drive through a river!! :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
i was also thinking the same thing. i live in El Paso, and it is a desert and only rains once in a blue moon. but i have the GXE and, right infront of the filter, is the black cover where the fog light would go if i had some. i decided not to remove the cover because it would look ugly, so, u wouldnt get that much in performance. do u think it would be a noticable gain if i removed the fog light cover.
also have a ?, does your CAI rattle when driving. i think its pretty annoying and i dont no how to stop the rattle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
NiSentraGXE2k said:
i was also thinking the same thing. i live in El Paso, and it is a desert and only rains once in a blue moon. but i have the GXE and, right infront of the filter, is the black cover where the fog light would go if i had some. i decided not to remove the cover because it would look ugly, so, u wouldnt get that much in performance. do u think it would be a noticable gain if i removed the fog light cover.
also have a ?, does your CAI rattle when driving. i think its pretty annoying and i dont no how to stop the rattle.
Hey man, I can tell you for sure that air would get to the filter alot easier without the fog ligth cover thingy. I had my fog light out the other day and the opening peers right smack into where the filter sits on the PR CAI(my brother has it not me, but I just remember where the filter sits on his car) Another thing you can do is, Im sure you would like to get fog lights in the near future. If/when you do, get the Erebuni fog light inserts with air duct and make them functional(might involve cutting a hole in the bumper behind the inserts).

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
NiSentraGXE2k said:
does your CAI rattle when driving. i think its pretty annoying and i dont no how to stop the rattle.
Yes I have the same problem as well,,,You have to make yourself some sort of brace for it to prevent it from moving so much......

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
It takes like less than 1/2 a cup of water to hydro-lock your motor. That's not that much. Unfortunatly after our last rain we had, I have decided against getting a CAI. We've had 6" of rain in 4 days totall(Really only rained 2 of those days). I've seen AEM little safe guard and it looks like it works pretty damn well. Dunno.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts