B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Sentra Special Edition White
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
I've been messing around and found an option, there's some cutting & triming need it

Some tools you may need:
  • Angle cutter
  • Cutting & grinding wheels
  • Drill & drill bits for metal 5/32 (4mm) & 3/16 (5mm)
  • Marker (your choice on the colour)
  • The good old 10mm and a wrench
  • A pair of 1/4 x 1 1/2 with nuts & washers
  • Masking tape
  • The superglue of your choice, I used Loctite 495
1.- Find a set of mirrors from a Nissan Pulsar N16 (aka Nissan Bluebird Sylphy, Nissan Almera Classic, Renault Samsung SM3)

I'm not sure if the oem wiring harness allows the operation of the folding motors on each mirror, so, I choose the "semi electric" mirrors, the ones with the electric adjustment and manual folding, besides, this mirrors let me keep the original mirror control

2.- Start measuring and get a template, once you get it, cut and trim most of the "nervs" on the back side

2.1.- Start triming and test fitting the base of the mirror until you get the fitment you want
2.2.- When you look for the parts, make sure you don't get the ones "square" plugs...
2.22.- Needless to say but... once you rolled down the window, mask the edge where the glass slides and the space between the scres of the mirror and the lip of the door

In case you just send it and failed (like I did) keep the sentra mirror's, you can just rewire them to fit the door plugs

3.- To relocate the top bolt/screw, locate the hole right down bellow the stock screw that came with the base, measure depth and drill it it with the 4mm drill bit, put some supleglue on the hole and place the screw, let it sit to dry and go on

4.- Trim the existing holes of the sotck mirror until you get something like this (enough to place the swapped base om the oem mirror location)

5.- Time for test fitting!

If you got luckier and found the mirrors in the same colour as your car, cheers, you nailed it, think I'll go whit black mirrors to match the tint and b pillars

6.- Plug them and there you go, now you can have folding mirrors!

Hope this was helpfull for everyone, if there's any question, I'll dp my best to answer!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts