B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked for factory fogs at my local dealers and their gonna cost me around 500 - 600 Canadian. Well, I just want to ask has anybody tried putting other fogs onto their car, and if they did, pls post some pic and so on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
u can get the fogs for $224.00 US here...https://ssl.autocenter.net/webparts/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Exterior_325.html

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got this email from [email protected] Ask for David
The price on the 2001 Sentra fogs are $204.00 unless your vehicle is pre-wired. Pre-wires kits sell for $40.00 less.

Call 18003392922 if you have any questions.
This is a Genuine Nissan Part-New.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
If they are close to the same size then i'd say go with one of those,,,,The factory fogs aren't really that productive anyways,,their light distribution sucks..You might as well go with something that is gonna give you some light...

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yeah, I say go for the PIAA's or some CATZ lights. Maybe the Raybrig fogs from the 6th generation Honda Accords might fit...those suckers are super bright.

The only problem with a non-factory foglight is that thieves like them too...so if your area is an area where stuff gets stolen a lot, then just go for the factory fogs. If you don't really ever park on the street, then go for the aftermarket.

And no, if your car does not have foglights from the factory, it is not prewired. You will have to install the wires and the switch.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I believe the factory fog kit comes with a replacement stalk switch just as if they were factory installed. To check for prewiring, look for a connector hanging near the fog locations, and in the relay box check to see that the fog light relay is installed. I have an early 2000 gxe, and it has both.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool, thanks. I'm basically going to drop by a place soon and get some measurements and check out which ones will fit nicely. I know the PIAA 1000/1100 won't fit "perfectly", since it's only like 2 to 3 inches in diameter, but maybe if I mount it "hanging" from the top, then if it's close enough to be "centered", then I'll go for them. It's just that the Factory fogs costs SO MUCH, MORE than the PIAAs, and well, the PIAA looks that much better. Ya, I heard about fogs getting stolen, I live in Ottawa, ON, Can. It's not too bad here...

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Here is a suggestion for you guys if you want to go with some aftermarket fogs. Erubuni makes a air duct/foglight that fits into that hole. I believe the fog light hole is a standard size so you can use the aftermarket fog.

Here is a pictures of the piece.

and here is a link to get the product number.
http://www.spoilers.com/ge/nisssentra2000.htm

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That actually looks pretty nice, I'll check it out, thanx... does anybody know how much do those cost alone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts