B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to put a set of fog lights in where the holes are on the bumper but i don't know what will fit? will only nissan lights for the sentra fit or will other types fit? and how hard is it to do ? is it already hardwired or do i need to do that , also do the cut outs just pop out or do they need to be cut?
thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Sentra2KGXE said:
i wanted to put a set of fog lights in where the holes are on the bumper but i don't know what will fit? will only nissan lights for the sentra fit or will other types fit? and how hard is it to do ? is it already hardwired or do i need to do that , also do the cut outs just pop out or do they need to be cut?
thanks for your help
I'm not sure about the cut-outs just pop out or not but most places pre-wire the lights...You probably have to get the stock fogs to fill in the space nicely unless you can find a set that has ones that are really close.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
the inserts are attatched with two screws on the back side..... very easy to take out..... i put in piaa hyper blue lights.... not even close to being as big as the factory set, but they do look nice.... just an idea..... as for the hard wiring.... i dont believe so, cause for mine, they ran all new wires......

·
Registered
3 Posts
last week i put in a pair of fog lights in my 01 gxe. it was a $30 kit at pep boys and i think the brand name was 'Blazer'. it wasn't that hard. i just had to install the switch plate under my dash, and wire it through the firewall to the lights (finding this hole was probably my biggest obstacle). these lights fit perfectly into the bumper and u can barely tell them apart from stock. there are already a few holes in the bumper that u can use to bolt on the mounting bracket for the lights. this kit was much better than spending the $200 or $300 they wanted for stock fog lights!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yup, the Blazer 2200 is exactly what I had installed... I'll try to get some pics... looks sweet, even my dad said it looks nice!!! It's 4 inch in diameter compared to the 4 3/4 inch, but still looks good. I've crimped it to the parking lights so it works just like stock, and it's very easy to install, the hardest part was mounting the lights, but me and my friend figured that you would have to drill the hols on the brackets that come with the kit a bit lower. Wish I had taking some pictures when I was installing them cuz I bet GXE owners would wanna know... but if you have any problems, just post your questions and I'll try to answer them... for sure go for after market... and I plan to switch out the bulbs to superwhites soon... look even better...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
hey nasauti, I just got some fog lights for christmas. i came upon your pics and it looks like you left your black thingy in the fog hole. is that correct? if so how did you cut the stuff out to make the light go in. thanks in advanced.

matt

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check out PIAA's site, they have a ton of different lights. Some of them are factory appearing and some aren't. They should have something very close. I'll be checking on the 004X Extreme Wht. Driving Lights tomorrow to see how close the fit is and how much $$ they are. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Jacob

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's not bad:D I'm more than willing to help out other members too. So if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Jacob

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
please answer my question

I just got some fog lights for christmas. i came upon nasauti pics and it looks like you left your black thingy in the fog hole. is that correct? if so how do you cut the stuff out to make the light go in. thanks in advanced.

matt

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
HELLO IS ANYONE OUT THERE TO ANSWER MY UESTION. I DONT FEEL THE LOVE ONTHIS THREAD. PLASE READ WHAT I PUT ON MY LAST REPLY. PLEASE HELP ME. :( :( IM IN NEED

MATT

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
This is a good thread... I have wondered about this for a while. I do know that you can buy the switch and the relay from Nissan runs about 50, and then hook up your own lights. Haven't done it yet because only one other person has tried it and it was for a b-14. I Would rather have driving lights anyways.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
coop72982 said:
HELLO IS ANYONE OUT THERE TO ANSWER MY UESTION. I DONT FEEL THE LOVE ONTHIS THREAD. PLASE READ WHAT I PUT ON MY LAST REPLY. PLEASE HELP ME. :( :( IM IN NEED

MATT
Umm... I think Lyceum answered your question like near the beginning of the thread.

Also, BryanCZ1 and Nasauti described how to mount the lights inside the bumper.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
i odnt think they did answer my question all i want to know is if she used the fog lights insert in the installation. i was looking at the pics and it look like she used the black insert. amm i wrong or right.

matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts