B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fog Light Rewire write up pg2

before you start flaming, i searched and read in the how to section.
does the how to section not make any sense to anyone else about the fog light rewire?

"Here are the relays without the cover. As you can see by the top of the cover, the FR FOG LAMP relay is the 2nd one from the top right (white/blue). "
ok, i see that much but. .
what wire is this? i dont see how this wire could be the one under the 2nd from the top right relay

if anyone has a better write up or different pics, please post them thankx

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
The white/clear plastic tray that has the relays on it will come out of the try below it. If you take the try out and flip it over right under the top relay that is second from the right you will see that wire (the purple/orange one). That's the wire you have to cut.

If you have a spec V your relay box will not be labeled on the top, just make sure you are working in the right relay box (On the passengers side).

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so basically it's the middle wire under the relay, (i thought that i read that the spec v had a different color)so the middle wire gets tapped into the middle wire of the gray plastic clip by the head light? what exactly does the purple wire do, why is it cut competely instead of being tapped into?

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i'm in the middle of doing this right now, and i can't figure it out at all! either the lights come on w/ the headlights still or they dont come on at all. I tried the red/yellow wire, the purple wire and the other red wire and nothing seems to be working, someone help me out here

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Make sure you are working only with the wire that is directly under the fog light relay. Cut the wire comming out of the relay making sure to leave enough wire between the relay so you can make your butt connection. Connect one end out your new length of wire to the wire you just cut on the relay, then splice the other end onto the middle wire on your PARKING LIGHT (not your headlight). This way you can turn the fogs on when you have your parking lights on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey, I have a question too....On my SER the relay box does'nt have any markings so what one is for the fog lights? I am baffled. HELP???!!!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
i know someone needs to rrewrite those instructions with pics for a spec-v, its confusing and complicated

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'll do a quick write up for the spec, gimme a few

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
NISMO82 said:
i'll do a quick write up for the spec, gimme a few
new pix also plz

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
i mean i ve read plenty of write up but iam not a comprehensive person.lol.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
i got them at www.autobarn.com and u can try www.eautoworks.com, they really spendy, but i forgot how much i got em for i think $80, i doubt youlle wanna spend that much, anyways they look awesome, kind of a bluish purpleish tint

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
the h3's were bout $65

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
i wanted to get the new ones "Plasma Spark Blue", but they were like $100!!!

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i wont be able to get real pics until i get out of work, but here's a quick write up...

1. take out the parking light bulb (passenger side)
use a "t" or "j" clip whatever they are called, there are pics in the 1st post

2. use the clip to attach a new wire about 12 inchs long to the middle wire on the parking light, the middle wire is constant power

3. open the relay box, the fog light relay is the second from the top right. the cover pops off, and there are 4 clips that you have to get at w/ a screwdriver. to get at one of them u have to take the coolant bottle out, using a ratchet, 10mm w/ a long extenstion.

4. once u hit all the clips then the relay box will open to the right, kinda like a door, you dont have a whole lot of room to work w/. locate the purple wire under that relay, it "should" be the only purple wire under there. cut it but give yourself some room to work w/.

5. run the new wire from the parking light under the relay box so you can't see it, then there's a hole on the bottom or the side, shove it in there and attach it to the purple wire.
THIS IS WHERE EVERYONE GETS CONFUSED

the new wire goes to the end of the purple wire that goes into the relay. what the purple wire does it give the relay power, so we cut it completely and give the relay power from the parking lights, so the fog lights can come on whenever the parking lights are on.

ALSO, using those t or j clips, they suck ***, so if it doesn't work check for voltage on your new wire, chances are that the clip didn't go all the way throught the wire. make sure you use black tape on the clips when your all done. and make sure the other end of the purple wire is wrapped up as well, i'll try to take some pics tonight, but i messed up pretty bad so i have like 7 or 8 clips on mine, but it works, and if u have any problems pm me.
hope this helps

1 - 20 of 31 Posts