B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the fog light mod. Super easy and I love it. Just don't forget to turn off your fog lights when you get out of the car!

Here is what I did:
Back of car

Front of car

So looking at this picture, you can see the cut purple wire in the background. I cut that wire. I then used another wire to relay the power. That is grey one on top.

Here is another view:

Before pics:

After pics:
As you can see, fogs stay on with high beams now:

Just fog lights on now:

Fog lights with parking lights on:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't drive around with your fog lights on, do you?
Now I can turn them on or off whenever I want. That is the purpose of this mod. I don't understand what your question is implying.

If you know these Sentras, the fog lights in stock form only turn on if you turn on the headlights. When you high beam, the fog lights turn off. If you try to turn on the fog lights with the headlights off, they don't turn on either. Now I can turn them off and on whenever I want to. So why does it matter if I want to drive with fog lights on? The important thing here is now I can if I want to.

·
Swagnificent
540 Posts
Hells yeah!

You don't drive around with your fog lights on, do you?
I do. My own DRL's. Although I wired the relay into my parking lights so when the parking lights go off, so do the fogs. If you tap into a constant power source (like the OP did), you have to remember to turn the fogs off.
Six in one, half dozen in the other.

Nice looking whip BTW!!

·
Banned
728 Posts
I was just curious.

Do you know if they run on the same circuit? The whole point of it may be that having both of them on pulls too much current and over loads the system, so one needs to be off while the other is on. I don't know that to be the case, but it wouldn't be fun to have your car catch fire.

Fog lights shouldn't be used unless in the presence of fog, right?

For some reason it's become a ricer fad to install really bright fog lights and ride around with them on day and night. It's annoying, dangerous, and illegal (depending on where you live). No fog = no fog lights.

Great looking car BTW...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do. My own DRL's. Although I wired the relay into my parking lights so when the parking lights go off, so do the fogs. If you tap into a constant power source (like the OP did), you have to remember to turn the fogs off.

Nice looking whip BTW!!
Thanks for the comment about my car. It's looking better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just curious.

Do you know if they run on the same circuit? The whole point of it may be that having both of them on pulls too much current and over loads the system, so one needs to be off while the other is on. I don't know that to be the case, but it wouldn't be fun to have your car catch fire.

Fog lights shouldn't be used unless in the presence of fog, right?

For some reason it's become a ricer fad to install really bright fog lights and ride around with them on day and night. It's annoying, dangerous, and illegal (depending on where you live). No fog = no fog lights.
Some areas here in CA require that you turn on any kind of light while you drive. Daytime driving lighted cars have become very popular here in CA. I do not use them during the day, but at track events I do like to turn on all my lights. It is to each his own about what is ricer and what is not. I thought you might be implying that when you asked. But what you were saying above you still would have to imply if you did the mod or not. BTW, Fresno CA gets heavy amounts of fog.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Some areas here in CA require that you turn on any kind of light while you drive. Daytime driving lighted cars have become very popular here in CA. I do not use them during the day, but at track events I do like to turn on all my lights. It is to each his own about what is ricer and what is not. I thought you might be implying that when you asked. But what you were saying above you still would have to imply if you did the mod or not. BTW, Fresno CA gets heavy amounts of fog.
I have no issue at all with that.

Thanks for posting in proper spelling/grammar too. It's much appreciated.

·
Swagnificent
540 Posts
florid could care less, you can put a boat body on a car chassis and drive it around, yes, I've seen it in person.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hells yeah!

Nice looking whip BTW!!

I've literally left my fogs on a dozen times now and think about this comment every time and wished you specified your version of the mod.

Hope you're good! This thread is older then my HS degree

1 - 10 of 10 Posts