B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went through a puddle on my way to work the other day...but i couldnt tell that it was like 3 feet deep...so engine is hydro-locked....and while it was sitting on the side of the road someone broke my back window and sprayed a fire extinguisher inside, awesome huh? but i do get another sr20de with 12000 less miles on it for just $250 (insurance deductible). except im out of a car for at least a week....just a random story :confused:

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Someone sprayed a fire extinquisher inside your car....how random is that :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the insurance is covering the engine and installation except for my 250 deductible, the window and interior im paying for, thinking about selling the car though...except i dunno how easy it is to sell a car with performance parts and a painted interior...hmm

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I think you can add a road hazzard type protection with insurance.. it should cover things such as hydrolocking and potholes effing up your wheels / bumper / fenders ect.

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
You've got sprint springs, so you know how low to the ground your car is with that 2" drop...you would have hydrolocked with a 2 foot puddle...your intake cone can't be more than 4-6 inches off the ground. And that fire extinguisher is about the most random thing I've ever heard of. What could someone possibly gain from emptying out an extinguisher that costs money to refill? There are some absolute retards out there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
wow, im shocked that your insurance company is paying for a new engine with that CAI. im guessing you left that part out of the story and are planning on returning it to stock, right? i would def suggest that because they are gonna screw you if they find out IMHO.
on a side note I did the same thing the other night here in va. i was coming home from work and the road was flooded pretty bad so i was going real slow in first but i guess the water was just too high and my engine cuts off in the middle of this big arse puddle. i was thinking oh isht i hydrolocked my engine, well i jumped out of the car pulled the CAI off the throttle body, waited about ten minutes, turned the key and she spitted and sputtered to life, whew, i drove the 1/2 mile home super super slow and reattached the tube to the throttle body. i didnt drive it the next day, and by the day after that it was fine, but i was scared as he!! for a minute. sorry didnt mean to threadjack.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the adjuster saw the CAI and said it didnt matter, and he could tell it was dropped, my comprehensive still covers it though, but appretnyl yesterday it started for the service department where im getting the engine replaced, but there is no way im trying to take back an engine that has potential water damage because im not trying to pay for camshaft or valves or something out of pocket later on down the road

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the adjuster saw the CAI and said it didnt matter, and he could tell it was dropped, my comprehensive still covers it though, but apparently yesterday it started for the service department where im getting the engine replaced, but there is no way im trying to take back an engine that has potential water damage because im not trying to pay for camshaft or valves or something out of pocket later on down the road

1 - 15 of 15 Posts