B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 SE with about 6K miles. Today I turned on my car and now the air bag light keeps flashing on and off. Has anyone else had this problem?

------------------
My girlfriend told me not to spend to much money on the car....How much is too much?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Dang, already? I'd take it to the dealership for them to check out.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
take it to the dealer man cause the air bag is somethig you don't want to be putting off,,,cause you could be driving down the road and that thing opens up.....

------------------

CAR
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs ad front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
13 Posts
Take it to the dealear ASAP! You DO NOT want to mess around with an airbag situation. Sentra Styling is right. It COULD decide to surprise you as you drive down the road.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Our old Quest did that too but when the dealer checked it nothing was wrong with the airbag but rather there was some kind of short in the indicator light itself

------------------
FocalJet.com
TEAM Mid-Atlantic

I Love Nissans
Drive a focus

·
Registered
773 Posts
mines flashing on and off, only because i took out the seat belts.... although the light is still blinking when i put them back in. the most annoying light ever!

·
Aiya!
560 Posts
Sentra Styling said:
take it to the dealer man cause the air bag is somethig you don't want to be putting off,,,cause you could be driving down the road and that thing opens up.....
If the light's flashing and there's a fault in the system, the airbag automatically deactivates, meaning no airbag in a crash if it's flashing.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Try this.
Open your door, put your finger on the door switch (black booted switch on the body) and push it in.
Then, insert your key and turn the vehicle to "Run", but don't start it.
Next, within 7 seconds, let your finger off and then push the door switch back in 10 times, you know, off on off on off on, etc, leaving your finger off the last time.
Then the light should go on, then flash slowly (or just plain come on steady).
Turn the key all of the way off.
Then, turn the key to "Run", and see if the light is still blinking, or if it's off.
You may have to try it several times, maybe even with leaving your finger off of the button to begin with.
If you can't get it to go off trying this, then take it to dealer. It's still under warranty!
It's been a while since I've done this, last time being on an Altima.
TheBenior is right, the airbags will always default to "off". They won't blow up unless subjected to electricity at the right spot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts