B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I ended up going to the track tonight and it was awesome. I was scared to go b.c I have never done it before so I had Chris take my car out. He got a 16.4 I think. Well my first time I think was the best and I even chirped in 2nd, but I scrwed up the staging so it didn't count :( Anyways my best time out of the 3 that counted was a 16.380 @83.96mph with a reaction time of 1.351. I have no idea if that is good or not. It seems like it is kinda high. Please tell me if that is good.

Also Shawn was there too. You know the guy with the red 200sx. When I was there the best he got was a 15.3. I was pretty impressed. BTW Thanks for telling me about it. I had a lot of fun.

[Edited by Nismo_Girl_2001 on 05-09-2001 at 07:51 PM]

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
It's been a year or so since I seriously watched NHRA, but IIRC, a perfect reaction time for the amateur tree (each yellow flashes one-by-one) is .500 secs, and for the pro tree (all yellow flash at once) is .400 secs. Anything quicker is a red light.

I used to have a game to practice reaction time with the christmas tree, and I believe the best time to begin the launch on the amateur tree was at the next to last yellow light. By the time the car starts rolling, the light is green.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
dont worry about the tree for now, concentrate on improving your 60ft. Ive only run the 1/8 once but i learned from my mistakes and wont have any excuses next time. what was your 60ft btw.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my 5 runs were as follows

1 & 2 didn't count screwed up the staging, hey it was my frist time lol

3:
60ft 2.626
16.577 @ 83.18 with a 1.429 reaction time

4: (crappy launch)
60ft 2.836
16.893 @ 83.18 with a 2.073 reaction time lol

5:
60ft 2.530
16.380 @ 83.96 with a 1.351 reaction time

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
its your 60ft, a good 60ft would be in the range of 2.2/3

hang out at the line all day long, work on that RT later.

practice, practice, practice

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like said, it was my very first time at the track ever in any car. I was kinda intimidated by all the othe cars. I got the staging thing down now so I have to work on launching and 60ft. But it wasn't all that bad for my first time was it?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Nismo_Girl_2001 said:
But it wasn't all that bad for my first time was it?
I think it was tight that you even went out there. I have yet to run the track, but I would like to. Good job and keep pushing! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
You did great for a first timer. I was impressed that you kept getting back in line time after time. No breaks for you. Chris ran a [email protected] in your car. He hit the revlimiter twice I think. He is used to the 7k limiter in my car :) Your car should be in the 15.9 range with a good launch and not hitting the revlimiter.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See my thinking was, Ok I looked dumb the first 2 times so I had to go back and make myself look a little bit better lol. I probably should have waited a little more between runs to let it cool down, but I did have the heater on full blast to help just a little. It was awesome and I think I will go again soon to pratice. At first I was intimidated by all the other cars and scared I would look dumb, but I got over that really quick. After all there is always room for improvement in this game.

See there is that memory thing again. I seem to forget details like that when I'm excited. Anyways tell Chris good job, after all it was his first time ever driving my car lol. I still hit the limiter sometimes b.c I was used to a 7000+ in my civic.

Just need to work on reaction and launch. Shouldn't be a problem because I am determind to get better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good job going to the track! I am sick of people saying I am gonna wait till I get more mods to go to a track, whatever!! I would recomend launching on the last yellow, unless you stage shallow meaning barely trippin the second light, then you can launch on the second to last yellow. Never really understood the .500 light thing, I got a 0.171 reaction time and did not receive a red light but anyway. If you can get your 60ft time down to 2.3X you should get into the 15s. Now if i can only hit 14s:eek:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool Cool. Thanks for all the tips. I might go back next week just to pratice. I had a lot of fun and I know that I can do better.

I was gonna wait to go to a track till my car had more stuff done, but I figured I shoud learn how to drive it before adding anything else to it. Im really glad that I went now.

I wasn't gonna go b.c I was scared I would suck, but then there was a guy in a Chevy Lumina Eurosport who got a 19.x and I knew I would do better then that so thats why I ended up going. After the first time looking dumb ,I didn't really care anymore what anyone else thought.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Good Job! Not bad for a first timer. hehe Keep at it and you will do good on future runs. I haven't gone yet but can't wait. Maybe you can run against me when you come down to cincy. lol

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds good to me. I'm hoping to go back within the next 2 weeks or so and see if I can improve my time. Now that I know how to stage properly , and have all your tips.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Heck, that's not bad at all for a first time. Did you try lowering your tire pressure a little from the stock setting? I posted for hints a while back and several people mentioned that lowering the tire pressure down to the 26 to 28 pound range made a huge difference at launch. That'll help your 60 foot time. Just make sure you have access to an air pump so you can reinflate to normal PSI for the drive home.

Popping the hood between runs will also help to cool the car down a little.

Keep it up, let us know how you do the next time out!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Only thing I did do was take everything out of my car includiing the spare and then between runs i turned the heat on high.

Not going today b.c its raining :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts