B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup yall, I am very happy to report that after 5-6 hours of wrenching and modding and tuning, my car is out on the streets and meaner than ever. As you all know I call my car's progress by stages. Stage 1 was intake, exhaust. Stage 2 which is just complete consists of TPS and timing tuning, PRF6G-11 NGK-R Spark Plugs gapped at .040", and a brand spanking new ZEX Nitrous kit currently running at 55shot. Stage 3 will be header, adj cam gear, underdrive pulleys, lowering springs. ok, now back to stage 2, damn the nitrous is awesome, it is not like I expected at all, I thought it was gonna be one crazy boost, but it is actually more like turbo, feels progressive, it pulls and keeps on pulling, me and body08(he installed it all pretty much) took it out on I75, but didn't get to do a good run. but from a standstill on my auto you can hit it as soon at the RPMs reach 2500 or so, and you do feel a kick there, and then it just pulls more and more from there, the kit was pretty easy to install, the hard shizt was running the 15foot line, and mounting the bottle in the trunk, I have 4 speed holes in my trunk(lol). I wasn't going to tell, but I just wanna keep yall informed. tomorrow I will be running at the street legal drags in Gainesville Raceway. And I am shooting for a 15.2-15.5 with 55shot, I might move up to 75shot for 1 pass, but probably not. The car runs cool as hell right after and the usage of the nitrous, and the spark plugs looked great even after body08 was dogging my car out with the nitrous. I recommend the kit to anyone, but be prepared for some annoying shizt. heheh, e-mail me with any comments or anything at all, wish me luck,
JCC
P.S-give me till end of summer classes(1 month) to post pics up, my front bumper was recently customized by nations autoworks(my friend's shop) and I have no grilles at all for the moment. Plus you can't tell there is nitrous at all by looking at the engine compartment, body08 hid all the shizt really good. later

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey

please catch me and ask for pics of the N2O kit or whatever on AOL Instant Messenger at Latino42(not an aol account). later,
Juan

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
sounds tight..... dont get too greeedy now

i plan on going nitrous too.... i want to wait for Jim Wolf but it looks like they are too busy to tend to the b15 community so I guess i will be going with the Zex..... let me know how it goes bro.........

·
Registered
183 Posts
sounds like ur having some sick fun :) why the nitrous before everything else? what a jump

my bro is at uf summer session right now too. i assume thats wher you go

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, what's his number?

please e-mail me or PM me his number so we can head out tomorrow to the track. Is his S/C on here azninvation? I can't get in touch with him, later,
JCC

P.S.- if you get the new plugs, then the kit is extremely safe, with the old plugs it is extremely dangerous, go to Discount Auto and you can get them for $7.19 a piece(best price) for the four of them. The plugs when taken out after a couple of runs looked like if they had just come out of the boxing. My old plugs were horrible already, I guess that's why my MPG was bad, hmmm, I am getting Magnecor 10mm Spark Plug Wires later on, like in 2 or 3 months.

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Do you have the pics up on the web anywhere? I was looking into the ZEX too:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
my bro isn't into cars like i am :\

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, I will just write it here

The kit is pretty much complete, All that I was missing was the instructions, zip ties, and 4 bolts for the bottle, aslo buy teflon tape for all the N2O connections, I spent maybe $4 at ACE Hardware. Instructions and specs sheet are at ZEX's site. OK, you have to mount the bottle on the passenger side of the car, I will have to take a pic of where exactly, cuz there is a crossmembrane in the trunk that gets in the way when trying to mount it there, the reason why it is mounted there, is cuz there is a drainage plug right on that side that makes running the line perfect, all you have to do is take that plug out and run the line, running the line is a bit*h, and you'll be on your own there and try to hide it as good as possible, there is plenty of slack on the 15ft N2O line, so you can hide it at least a bit. The main control unit can only be mounted right below where the VIN number is in the firewall, only two bolts can be used, but make sure you use some type of shock absorbing foam-like material on the back of the control unit just in case, mine rattles a bit when I floor it. I am going to put some there today before hitting the track. That is pretty much it, it might sound easy, and it your case it might be, cuz I just told you where to locate everything, and if you have access to a lift, it should be pretty simple. Soo let's recap, all you need is: 1) ZEX Nitrous kit, 2) Foam material to put in b/w metal to metal parts(control unit, & bottle brackets), 3) maybe the 4 bolts for the bottle, 4) maybe the zip ties, 5) and most importantly the PFR6G-11 Spark Plugs, this is what Chip failed to do. The tools you need are pretty much a complete wrench set, some air tools would definately help cuz the strut bar gets in the way a lot to mount the control unit. That is pretty much it, I recommend the kit to anyone, it is in my book as safe as it can get, temperatures stayed low(actually they didn't rise at all), and everything works great. The only annoying thing is the vaccuum sound when the key is in the on position with the car off, sounds like a quiet fire alarm, this happens when raising the TPS setting past 4.07 at WOT, mine is at 4.25 at WOT right now, the plugs are gapped at .040, and timing is at 14-15. Make sure you do all the system checks ZEX recommends. E-mail me or catch me at Latino42 on AIM,
Juan CC

P.S.- I will make the write up for the kit with pictures once I get them up in a week or two. I will get pics of the kit before it was installed today, I thought they were still on my comp, but I deleted them, but a friend has them in his comp, just gotta ask for them. Oooooh, I also forgot to mention, I found the perfect spot for the switch, I will take a pic of that too.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
I'd be impressed for you to get to the 15's but I think you are shooting a little high. If you get to the high 15s you should be happy, so don't be disapppointed if you only get to there.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeap, I know

Yeah, I will be happy with a 15 second run period, but think about it, I ran a 16.7 without he juice, and now I got better Zrated tires, and better plugs with more gap than the stock ones, but still less than what Kojima says ".045" for slightly modified cars, stock was .035, now .040. So I should be able to pull a 16.5 all motor, and I am going to be juicing pretty much the whole quarter mile, as soon as the RPMS get to 3k on 1st gear, I am juicing, but yes, even a 15.7-15.9 will be awesome.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
a full second improment on maybe 30hp at most, that isn't going to happen. Work on your technique, just mastering the 60' can improve your times but .2 to .3, thats the most inexpensive mod you can make.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I guess, but

my 60 foot times are pretty consistent at 2.47-2.48, can't really get any less, it's an auto so I really don't have much choice. But like I said, I am just assuming, as well as you, we will see tonight how the kit performs in my particular car, later brah,
JCC

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Are you brake torquing your car at all? Dropping the tire pressure? In my 5sp I have gotten down to 2.3 60's, I think even with auto you might be able to get down there. The most I expect out of myself are about 2.2 60's and I have to learn to really ride the clutch to accomplish that.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Nice. I'm curious to see what kind of times you can pull off now. Good luck and be sure to post results. Don't get greedy on the nitrous shot. :D

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Juan!!!

GREAT MAN! I knew you where going to do something nice!

Ive been looking at the zex kit for weeks... Thanks for taking the plunge and transfering the info.

Id like to know how much it all set you back ?

Everything including plugs, zex, shipping... etc..

Thanks buddy.

I think I found a guy in toronto who would sell it for like 720$ canadian, now thats CHEAP. Now I just gotta put the moula together.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sup Spicez

I paid $475 for it, didnt have to pay shipping or tax or anything cuz my bro's shop got it for me. my bro can get them for $425 but I didnt feel like waiting to get that deal. I will try to get pics up ASAP for yall. Track time in 2 hours, bye,
JCC

1 - 20 of 26 Posts