B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright folks. You know I've been waiting for quite awile to install my exhaust, and finally, after the long underway and some modivation, I did it today with a help of my manager's son. Not too shabby:

Package Inventory:
*Midpipe
*Muffler
*Muffler/Midpipe Gasket
*Two bolts and two nuts for Muffler/Midpipe
*Trusty Stromung Sticker :)

Tools Needed:
*Rachet with these size sockets...
12MM, 10MM, 14MM, 17MM
*WD-40
*Breaker Bar for Rachet.. :p
*Ramp or lift (lift much more appreciated)

Nitty Gritty:

1) Firsts things first, use the WD-40 and lubricate the bolts and the rubber hangers.
2) Take off the bracket protecting the midpipe. Get rachet w/12mm socket.
3) Remove the heat shield for the cat with rachet w/10mm socket
4) Okay, start to remove the muffler by using the rachet w/14mm socket. After that, take the rubber hangers off. This part was a pain. Curiously, this didn't have a gasket that I noticed. Also, their was a ground connected to one nut. Remember this for later.
5) Remove the bolts holding the cat to the midpipe with rachet w/17mm socket. It also has a gasket inbetween. This part, it would be real nice to have someone there to hold the midpipe from falling down on the ground. Here's the part that got me. I didn't take my car to a lift, so I used my friend's ramps and small jacks. The midpipe was difficult to remove being close to the ground. If you have a lift or use one, this part is easy.
6) The rest of this, is in reverse order..get the Stromung midpipe, use the stock bolts to bolt it onto the cat, making note to put the stock gasket back into place.
7) This part was interesting. You need someone or something to hold the Stromung muffler up. Then, take and put the rubber hangers on the muffler.
8) Take the muffler and install it to the midpipe. Remember to use the gasket Stromung supplied to you and remember the ground. That's pretty much it!

Most of this install was definitely trial and error. This was my experience, and anyone else could have a very different experience. Oh, the breaker bar was to help me gain leverage with the rachet. Don't use it if you're buff or you have some better tool. The sticker is good for at least 1 HP. :p Hope this helps out!

P.S. The sound was tremendous! I love it at idle, and the way it sounds when you step on the gas. This was exactly what I wanted for my exhaust. I haven't really got the feel for the actually increase in power, but seat of the pants has definitly improved. :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

[This message has been edited by Original Mr Sentra (edited April 01, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
cool bro I'm glad ya like it...
I also have said that I love the sound of this thing,,,probably one of the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard out of a 4cyl...

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Question Gene, how does the car feel with both the Stromung and the CAI? I can't wait to get my damn PR. :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Oh it feels sweet man trust the wait will be worth it....I have noticed great throttle response,,alot better pick up,,and better gas mileage as well....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
190 Posts
I can attest to what Styling is saying. I just got my PR CAI installed today and I've been romping around all night on the highways breaking it in. It sounds sick as shizz, and you can definately feel an increase in power when it kicks in.
Now I just need my new midpipe to arrive and all will be well.
Later

------------------
2001 Blackout SE w/ PP, sunroof, debadged, Stromung exhaust, more to come...

·
Registered
816 Posts
damn, I must be buff :) I didn't use a breaker bar...and I held up the muffler with one hand while I put on the rubber hangers with the other. Dude, I'm BUFFFFFF.... BEEFCAKE!!!! hahaha

but seriously it would've been much easier if I had help. I asked my wife but she didn't want to get her hands dirty. women...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RadiumJohn:
damn, I must be buff :) I didn't use a breaker bar...and I held up the muffler with one hand while I put on the rubber hangers with the other. Dude, I'm BUFFFFFF.... BEEFCAKE!!!! hahaha

but seriously it would've been much easier if I had help. I asked my wife but she didn't want to get her hands dirty. women...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>HEHEHE you must have had osme of that stuff Cartman had :D

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
</A> ***My Website***

1 - 7 of 7 Posts