B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, let me tell all of you SS was not lieing when he said that you would need air tools i.e. (IMPACT WRENCH!!) The total install time for my springs was a whopping 8hrs! We started at 9:00PM and finished after test drive 5:00am! All i have to say is that the front strut bolts are a b!tch and a half to get off! One stubborn bolt took us the better part of an hr to get off. The good thing is that I saved myself $275 but am very tired and will elaborate later if needed.

I have a lot of answers to feel free to ask, I ran into everything possible that could go wrong. THE RIDE IS GREAT!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd hate to tell you bro but I got the same **** and it took me and my friend one hour to install. You just need to meet someone who knows what they are doing! I am not trying to bash on you or anything. Just try to find some one who knows what they are doing. You are right they do produce a sweet ride.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah, but that's how you become a master, trial, error, experience. You can't just have your friends doing all the work for you ya know? Well, if you don't care to learn and perfect you can. But you see what I'm saying right?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
When I had my coilovers installed on my civic it cost me $200+ . I got it done by professional people with a good rep. I took my car in at 9am and didn't get out of there till 6pm. I was really pissed. I called and went to go pick it up only to get there and be told that it wasn't ready b.c they had broken off one of the threads and had to find someone to weld on a new part and thread it. They told me that it might not be done and I couldn't get it back till Tuesday b.c Monday was a holiday. Well finally I went in the guys office and went off on him big time. And by golly my car was done about a half hour later lol.

My 2 cents. Do it yourself and save your $.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yo

no offense taken...the primary reason was one of the front strut bolts did not want to come off. This was both me and my friends first installs so I am pretty damn proud to have it done. Seeing as how we were going with the basic instruction SS gave us I think its an excellent job. We started at 9:00 that night and had to wait for a friend to come over for like and hr so the actual time that it took was prolly more around 4-5 hrs. Considering we also had crappy spring compressors along with NO power tools or an impact wrench. Oh, well its over and my car rides like a dream and I feel a better sense of accomplishment than paying $300 plus for some guy to do in a day. I have to wash my car first then Ill get some pics up here.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nismo_Girl_2001 said:
When I had my coilovers installed on my civic it cost me $200+ . I got it done by professional people with a good rep. I took my car in at 9am and didn't get out of there till 6pm. I was really pissed. I called and went to go pick it up only to get there and be told that it wasn't ready b.c they had broken off one of the threads and had to find someone to weld on a new part and thread it. They told me that it might not be done and I couldn't get it back till Tuesday b.c Monday was a holiday. Well finally I went in the guys office and went off on him big time. And by golly my car was done about a half hour later lol.

Wow...i really didn't know installing a coilover could cost you that much and long. I was once in a shop and watch them installing a set of shocks and springs on a civic...and it only took them about 20-30 mins max...

·
Registered
778 Posts
well this will save you an hour the next time you do this. if your strut bolt is tight, just stick some pipe at the end of the wrench so you get more torque. hope this will help somebody.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
iLLt3cK said:
Well, let me tell all of you SS was not lieing when he said that you would need air tools i.e. (IMPACT WRENCH!!) The total install time for my springs was a whopping 8hrs! We started at 9:00PM and finished after test drive 5:00am! All i have to say is that the front strut bolts are a b!tch and a half to get off! One stubborn bolt took us the better part of an hr to get off. The good thing is that I saved myself $275 but am very tired and will elaborate later if needed.

I have a lot of answers to feel free to ask, I ran into everything possible that could go wrong. THE RIDE IS GREAT!

so now that you've driven it for a few days, what's your impression? bottoming out yet?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yo

so far i have not had 1 bottom out the entire past 3 days and I have certainly been testing the car. In the back there is only like 1 1/2 finger width between tire and fender and 2 fingers in front. It is very low and looks extremely nice for only $200. When I say very low its not with that nast wheel tuck but low enough to look respectable. I would recommend this upgrade to anyone looking to drop. The sportlines are the way to go in my opinion, very very very nice handling with the front stb combo that comes stock with our Se's with PP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts