B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
hahaha....this is a major event! :D It's like the second coming of God or something. I bet your glad to finally see the thing. I assume this is the B15 header, and not the B14 one. Anyways, let us know how it installs! Pics would be good too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Excellent!

Someone finally got their header! Not to put too fine a point things, but let's face it, Hondas outsell Nissans 10 to 1. Not to mention an already thriving aftermarket that is quick to pounce on new generations/models for performance parts.

I've waited some insane times for certain (non-car) items, and I'm still waiting for one that's now four months old. My worst, a two YEAR wait for something that got lost in the mail and had to be re-made and re-sent by a one man operation.

But all's well that ends well. Let us know what kind of seat of the pants improvement you notice.

·
Registered
816 Posts
sweet. Did it come with the extra O2 sensor? How does the quality look? Damn...that means that mine is right around the corner...it sucks living in Massachusetts...I was one of the last ones to receive my Stromung too.

I can't wait.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
SDsr20de858 said:
it didnt come with another sensor... i think you just use the stocker
No he was wondering if it came with a second hole for the O2 sensor.....or does it have to modified still...

G

·
The second O2 sensor needs to be located BEHIND the 2nd cat. Otherwise, you will get a check engine light. So, you'll have to weld a fitting on to the midpipe and extend the wire for the O2 sensor so it will reach. Perhaps DarksideSE could add more to this since he has already done the mod.

·
Registered
623 Posts
max, u r correct.

the only ways to keep the ses light from going off is to wrap the 2nd o2 sensor or install it in the mid pipe after the 2nd cat.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
SDsr20de858 said:
they relocated the hole for the sensor so everything is fine..... no need for any wraping or relocating.... its really a true "bolt on"
relocated it where?

The problem is that the second o2 sensor is suppose to read less emissions then the first one that goes into the primary. Since the pipe is virtually straight through it is reading the same emissions. That is why it needs to be moved after the cat.

So again where? If you could give a little more detail it would save us all the effort of having to call hotshot and ask what they did.

Sorry we are all just anxious for more details.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well, I should be receiving mine any day now so as soon as I do, I'll take pics and post them. I think a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

858, did you install it yet? Any problems with the install?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts