1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
259 Posts
A. better, regis. that IS my final answer.

on the flipside, when you run a lower profile tire with a stiffer sidewall, the ride will get a little harsher. when i had my little mr2, i went from 14's to 16's and ouch! it was very rough. however, it had a much tighter suspension than the sentra. sentrastyles has 17's and can give you a first hand sentra ride story...

moving to performance :D

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
259 Posts
A. better, regis. that IS my final answer.

on the flipside, when you run a lower profile tire with a stiffer sidewall, the ride will get a little harsher. when i had my little mr2, i went from 14's to 16's and ouch! it was very rough. however, it had a much tighter suspension than the sentra. sentrastyles has 17's and can give you a first hand sentra ride story...

moving to performance :D

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I would have to say better also for the handling....

I am running 215 40/17's and I can relate to it having a bit of a harsher ride but trust me it isn't all that bad,,,I mean if you hit a big bump your gonna feel it no matter what but that's why I use the weeve and bob method to avoid the bumps......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
149 Posts
Worse. Than a good 14-15" wheel with a quality tire. What do you see at autocrosses? Not 17 and 18's, but 14-15" wheels(lightweight). The tires we run with our big wheels have next to zero slip angle, once you've reached the tire's limits the results are scary and things happen way too fast to correct. A good tire with a little more sidewall will communicate to you better when you approach its limits.

------------------
'97 VW Golf Trek - modded
'00 Sentra SE - PP, PIAAs, Tint

·
B15Sentra.net Hater
0 Posts
Better handling, but the extra weight is going to make your car slower!

------------------

2000 Nissan Sentra SE 5spd Black, Free air mod, K&N
1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 5spd Black

1 - 6 of 6 Posts