B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I'm back from my trip to New Hampshire....I really had a great and relaxing time...Me and the misses went on some nice rides,and saw some really interesting sites...We drove down the Kancamagus Highway,,which had this really sloppy road with 16% grades which felt like your driving straight down,,and It had this one hairpin turn that was really tight,,and the posted speed limit for the curve is 10 MPH,,,,HEHEHEHE I took it at like 45MPH and let me tell you those Eibach's hugged and loved every second in that turn....But below is a sweet picture of my car parked on the side of the road on the Kancamagus Hwy...Sorry the picture's a little blurry but Don't forget where I was,,,,was like 3,269 ft. and it was a little cold and all I had on was a t-shirt and shorts,,so I frooze my *** off...

But then another day we took this one street Rt.16 and we followed it North all the way up thru Maine and went into Quebec,Canada for the day...And while driving we was doing about 65mph and we had stopped on the side of the road to take pictures,,,and then we started driving again and I had to slam on my brakes,,,I almost hit a fuckin MOOSE....So I hurried up and whiped out the camera and took a couple of photo's(which are being developed)one when he was right in front of my car and one when he went into the woods....The funny thing was that when he went into the woods he totaly stopped and turned around and looked at me,,it was like he wanted me to take his picture,,,so I did and as soon as I did he bolted into the woods.....But I will post those pics as soon as I get them back from being developed...You guys should get a good laugh at them....

But that's enough of my little journey,,I'm sure I'm boring you guys,,,But I am just happy to be back.....:)

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Welcome back bro!!!!...Hope you had fun... Well, now its time to take a trips to my neck of the woods... Hawaii...hehehehe...I'll take you out on the race scene out here!!!!.. Later!

G

·
Sounds like you had a good time. Hey, Don't complain about 3,800 ft! I live at 6,000 feet! :D

BTW, the car looks great. You'll have to post the pics of the Moose. Good to see you back again!

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Yea, nice pic...

Glad you had a good time. You made it up Mt Wash, right??

·
Registered
59 Posts
hehe i drove up there, my sis lives at Keene N.H. goin to school. That road had like NO traffic at all on it, it was great. Mt. Washington is a cool place, cold as all hell though, never drove it, took the train up it. Welcome back, didnt miss much.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome Back!!!

Moose meat. It taste's like chick.....

No, it actually tastes pretty good.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Yea, nice pic...

adc100 said:
Glad you had a good time. You made it up Mt Wash, right??
Oh hell yeah,,,,really easy I had to keep slowing down going up because I had grandma and grandpa in front of me...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There was this guy from Audi there that I was talking too,,,Audi has the Climb to the Clouds coming up,,,and he wanted me to enter my car in the race.....I replied no way,,,knowing my luck I'll roll it off the side of the mountain.....But he was really cool,,,and he loved the look of the Sentra,,,and he said it has alot of potential...And he really impressed me on how much he really knew about the SR20DE...But here's a pic of the car he rides around in....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome back...

Nice pic against the mountains - glad to hear you had a good time despite the quick stop for the half-ton pedestrian...
Moose are not usually the most photogenic beasts, you must have got his good side...
How far in Quebec did get?... there's some nice open road and twisties out there...
Here's a few pics from my last pass out that way...
Pacing the old man's Jetta GLS VR6 at (undisclosed) speed - notice the, well, 9-and-2 grip during spirited driving...

... oh yeah, no moose to pose for me...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SpIcEz said:
Gene, thats cool!!

Seems you had a great time.

Hey Im wondering, where did you end up going in Quebec ? and where was the moose ? which area ?
Well we went up route 3 in New Hampshire which turns into 257 When you get into Canada and I think the first town that we entered in was something like Bellefeuille(sorry if I spelled this wrong) and then we jumped onto 210 and followed that for a long *** time almost into Montreal and then we ended up turning back around and headed back to the US....But let me tell you guys the Canadian border patrol is assholes.....

But the Moose was actually in the US,,,in New Hampshire.....

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
You spelled BelleFeuille just fine.

BTW Gene, its not the Canadian border patrol its ALL border patrols.

When I go to the US, they are often rude.

Canadian border patrol is nice with me because I AM canadian.

Oh and I have notice that when I cross the border with a sport compact car, all moded, ANY both border patrol officers are very harsh, and suspicious.

Glad you had a good time though :)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SpIcEz said:
You spelled BelleFeuille just fine.

BTW Gene, its not the Canadian border patrol its ALL border patrols.

When I go to the US, they are often rude.

Canadian border patrol is nice with me because I AM canadian.

Oh and I have notice that when I cross the border with a sport compact car, all moded, ANY both border patrol officers are very harsh, and suspicious.

Glad you had a good time though :)
I was figuring that....Cause when I crossed back over the american side didn't really say much...They asked me if I bought anything,,,and I replied yeah a soda and they said have a nice day....

But when I was going into canada they searched my car and me...looked in every compartment and everything.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Proximity...

Hey SpIcEz,
"Close" to the capital would be a relative term... I toured the Chutes Coulonge about 5km North-East of Fort Coulonge off the 148... The closest I would have been to the capital would have been about 150km following that highway...

Parliament would not rank tops on the "to-do" list had I ventured that far... But I think I caught a hint of sarcasm buried in there?

[Edited by Oracle on 06-13-2001 at 06:42 PM]

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Nah wasnt sarcasm, just a question!

I asked it cause on your picture I could see the signs saying
---> Hull
---> Aylmer

Which are both right next to the capital. I guess you took a left :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Big monitor...

Surprised you were able to resolve those details...

Yeah, I took the left back <-Pembroke...
The only reason why they state Hull and Aylmer that far out is there's nothing of consequence along that entire strip in that direction... OOOhhh Shawville.... now that's sarcasm!...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Hehe!!!

Funny, reminds me of yesterday...

I was in Saratoga Springs, NYS.
When getting on Interstate 87, there is nothing of importance from Albany ALL the way to Montreal. So indications all point towards Montreal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts