B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any want to get rid of their factory fog lights? It just doesn't look right on my gxe with the vented covers in the front. I was quoted $204 for the fogs including the wiring kit. Is that a good price? Where does the switch mount inside of the car, I can't seem to find a place where it would be located.
Thanks in advance.

G

·
Well, on the SE, the foglight switch is integrated into the left turn stalk. I don't know what they would do in the kit. Maybe they give you a new turn stalk...who knows. I would expect something a little less involved though.

You would be hard pressed to find a aftermarket fog light that would fit in the hole perfectly. I'd say the factory units are your best bet.

You might try Courtesy Nissan to see if you could get the kit a little cheaper. www.courtesy-nissan.com

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
maxx would be right about finding an aftermarket fog light to fit and look well...

I'm not sure if you buy the kit if it wires into where it is factory wired on the SE's...cause mine also is on the turn signal indicator......

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
you could also try this place it's a nissan only wreckers,,,a junkyard for Nissan only... www.ninfiniti.com

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
hey I just checked out www.copartfinder.com and they have a couple of sentra se's there so you might wanna check it out and get them thru them for alot less money
hope i helped ya save some money......

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered
623 Posts
hey dood, u still looking for the foglights? i'm about to get a full custom body kit and i'll have to get rid of my fog lights. let me know if ur still interested. btw, i never use my fog lights.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can wire your fog lamps to the parking lamp or low-beam "hot" wires coming from the headlamp harness. You can get a cheap tester from the auto parts store, the one with an end that comes to a point like an awl. Let's say you want the fogs to come on with the parking lamps.Turn on just the park lamps. put the alligator clip from the tester to a good ground.You pick a wire from the harness,penetrate the wire insulation with the point on the tester. If the light comes on inside the tester,you got yer wire to splice into. There's more to it,(I use a relay) but this way you don't have to use a rocker switch.

------------------
I'm not afraid of the redline, reaching it before I pull the lever. A Chevy owner found this out in a side-street race endeavor.At 6500 RPM my Jap 4-banger flew on by him. As the man shook his head he knew he'd ben bettered. He stuck his head out of the car and yelled "Man, that thing can REV FOREVER!"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked to the dealer again. The price includes the switch mounted in the turn signals.
chinoworld- How much are you asking?

[This message has been edited by twok1gxe (edited February 22, 2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts