B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAN! You guys won't believe this, or maybe you will...

I was driving home late last nite, about 11:15pm. (Not too late). I was driving thru a residential area and outta nowhere there was this loud bang on my car and my friends got wet. I knew exactly what had happened and saw some shadows run across the street in my mirror. So I pulled over and took off after them.

I chased one around a house and into the alley and i saw this garage door closing, my instinct told me that musta been the house, so I ran to it and held the door open, then forced it open and banged on the door. Finally some kid opened up but he wasn't panting or tired (like if he was running) so i figured maybe it wasnt him. I went into his house and saw someother of his friends a girl and 2 other guys... They seemed innocent, but now that i think about it, i think they were lying to me.

Any way I let them go and went back to my car, my friends told me there was damage, and sure enough there was this HUGE dent on my fender!! MOTHERF*CKERS dented my brand new 2001 Sentra!! I was soooo pissed, I drove up and down the alleyways bangin on doors and this was 11:30PM.

Finally I gave up, went to a friends house and called the cops who came by, filed a report, and left...

And now I'm just stuck with a dented car... I'm gonna pay a visit to those kids again tomorrow or soon and see if I can get another story from them... If they were lying I will take them out! Well, thats my story, now I gotta fix the dent.

·
Registered
446 Posts
doh

damn, that sucks man...it was those kids...just threaten em and they will fold..fake a cop story or something kids are stupid.....what did they throw at your car?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEAH MAN! Now that I think about it, I think they ARE the ones!! I mean, why was their garage door closing right when I got there?? Coincidence?? Especially when none had just driven in, they were already in the house "chillin".

I dont know exactly what it was... there was NO remains! Not a single sign that anything had been done! Not even a wet spot on the floor, just all over my car!!

I thinkit was a bottle or bucket cuz it hit so hard and dented so big.... but it woulda been lying on the floor...

I know where they live, I'll pay them another visit soon...... and i think i WILL fake a cop story

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i will keep u updated

I'll tell you what happens... I'll tell the cops that as i came round the bend a garage door was closing and there were kids in there, but they seemed innocent at the time, but at second thought suspicious.

I'll go to their door and say that I told the cops that they could come over to their house and ask them questions and that just by default they would be suspects and that the punks would face 6 months jail time for launching projectiles at moving vehicles unless the suspects plead guilty, heheh.... let's see.....

i'll update you guys

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
There's lots of disrespect out there for things that don't belong to them. People better respect me and my car that I that I pay 300 dollars a month for with hard earned money. Hang in there Alex.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Dude it could have been them they could have just have had someone answer the door so they could hide.....

But sorry toi hear about your incident...

I'd be pissed also...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Damn that sucks. THose kids are definitely suspious.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They pick 'em out...

You almost think they gravitate to the newest, nicest looking set of wheels - The night I first parked my ride out front a bunch of skateboarding punks decided to set up shop right at my back bumper and starting tricking and grinding on the curb right beside the doors. They lost their board once and flung it into the back, no damage... this time... There's a big piece of open lot not more than 50 feet away, but they continue to hang out and do their business right there...
If you harp 'em they'll only target your ride more - next time possibly purposely...
The other night someone parked just close enough and butted open their door into the paint - again I got lucky and the finish perservered...
I wanted at least one week before some winner in a parking lot somewhere giving my doors dimples.
It's better you don't know what happens when you're not looking - you'll live longer.

Sounds like you got the guilty party...
The kids may fold if you bluff with the cop story, otherwise proving it was them to the fuzz will be tough because you don't have a dead lock on who did it.
It really sucks, but when it comes down to the law - It's not what you believe, it's what you can prove.
I hope you nail the 'em one way or the other!

Good Luck - we all feel for ya.

·
Jersey Sentra
243 Posts
It's not just kids who have no respect for property - just as many adults - read on to what happened to me last Saturday night:

Ok, well last night I just totally freaked out on one of our neighbors.

Background: This new couple moved in above us. They are generally inconsiderate of the other neighbors. My wife and I just bought two new cars (we had a bit of a windfall and since my car was 12 and hers was 7 and since they were both costing us in repairs we just decided to go for it). I got the Sentra and she has a new Altima. Anyway, we live in a condo development and we don't have any assigned parking spaces (IMO a bad idea, but we like it here otherwise). This is the first new car I've had in 14 years, and the first new car my wife has ever had.

Anyway, this new couple who live above us - the husband (actually I don't think they are married but anyway..) - cannot park to save his life. The guy's not old - he's maybe in his mid 50's, but he parks over the line on one side all the time. I'm talking OVER the line - can't see it at all. Not only that but he always cuts it right, his wheels are always turned all the way to the right when he's in the spot, making for a total uneven parking job. Needless to say we are a bit sensitive about dings to our doors, since we have two new cars and all. We actually noticed a very small scuff on the door of the Altima that had the color paint of his big old Buick, but my wife just says to let that one go we can't prove it was his car. She is right on that point, but anyway.

About 3 weeks ago my wife very tactfully, when she saw the wife just causually pointed out the parking job her husband had done. She thought maybe this would get through to them. Myself - I would have just gone up to the guy and said "You're parking too crooked and too close, we have new cars, are concerned, could you be more careful" but my wife says she wants to try and be neighborly, so I let her try her way first.

Last SAturday morning, the couple went to go out, and my wife went out to work on some flowers on the patio, and she saw him crooked, and happened to see him out there, so she approached the husband, and said "hey listen, you're parked a bit close, you might not want to park so close because >I< DON'T WANT TO DING YOUR CAR!" I thought that was masterful, because it put the onus on him for his own property.

Since all this happened, I have taken to parking across the way in an end spot, because I can park very close to the curb (which is next to a bunch of bushes and a fence)- and anyone who parks next to me - even if they are close to the line - are still WAY farther away from my car and I have no possibility of getting my doors dinged.

Well Saturday night about 9 PM we're sitting on the patio, minding our own business when this yellow ryder truck pulls up and starts to park across the way. I see it try to pull into the spot next to my car across the way, it's at an angle, and I'm looking at him in the spot. He looks VERY close to my car. I go on over there, and he is 3 INCHES FROM MY CAR! And I am not exaggerating when I say 3 inches. The container portion of the truck - the bottom edge of it is so close! I see that it's the husband from upstairs, and i LOSE IT! For 4 months I had put up with his lousy parking and I just WAILED. "YOURE TOO F'ING CLOSE TO MY CAR! ARE YOU CRAZY!!! YOU ARE 3 inches from my car! You have got be F'Ing nuts." At this point my wife sees me in a state she has never seen me before. Adle, kind, gentle Rob has just gotten beet red and looks like if he had a meat cleaver he'd chop this guy's head off. She comes running over and says "oh my...." She sees it's our neighbor and she is dumbfounded. I scream some more obsceneities at him and storm off. I can't bear to watch him try to get out of this predicament. One of the other neighbors comes out, and says "who is THAT" I say "It's our other neighbor!!" She's like "The guy who parks bad" I said "YEAH THE F'ING A*** who can't even park straight is trying to park a Ryder truck!!!!" He just leans out the window and says "I'm NOT going to hit your car!" I said "RIght! Cause if you do - I'm gonna SUE you A**! for a BRAND NEW CAR!" If I had not gone over there, another minute and he would have crushed my rear fender/quarter panel and possibly the back door!

Well I just go in the house....and try to calm down. If he had gone any further, he would have crushed my whole back door and rear quarter panel. Luckily his wife managed to get out of the truck and navigate him out of the spot.

After he parked, someone else came and picked them up (in fact the truck is parked right outside our patio now, he must have realized he could not get it in the spot. I don't know if they are moving or what is going on, but at least it's away from my car. They came home about 10:30 - no apologies, nothing.

I went out this week to apologize to him only for cursing - and he was like - you know - I would not have hit your car....

The man is clueless. Thank god I can park on the other side of the lot and avoid him...

Also - yesterday I went to the supermarket - and I was parked in an out of the way spot - and some woman parked next to me. She was sitting in her car waiting for a friend, with her door allthe way open - it was an inch from my rearview mirror. She too, was over the line and was pretty close to hitting my car.

Man, people just have no consideration or CONCEPT of their space....

--*Rob

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
That's why I park way, way out at stores and I keep my car in a garage at my apartment. I'd rather walk then beat somebody down for damaging my car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
LOL!!!!! I sometimes drive a Ford Ecoline 250 for work. I LUUUVV parking next to spanky shiny new cars!!!! When I return...the spaces beside me are usually empty...lol!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts