B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard a lot of mixed things about exhaust? do after market manifold and catbacks make the car loose torque and gain hp? and if so is it worth the loss in torque for the gain in hp, cause some people say you loose a noticeable amount of low end power from exhaust systems? I am very curious cause i am considering getting a manifold and cat back.
Thanks for the info
:D

G

·
Well, considering you own a GXE, you don't have to worry about headers. They don't exist for your car. As far as the Cat-backs go, you don't have too much to worry about. If you go too large on the piping, you can see losses on the bottom end. The little 4-cylinders need a certain amount of backpressure to function properly. I wouldn't worry about it too much with the exhausts that are available for the Sentra right now. Everyone that has used them has been very happy with them. None of us have noticed any loss of HP on the bottom end.

·
Registered
623 Posts
actually with the setup i have now, i think i gained the same amount of torque and horsepower. when i did my dyno pull yesterday, it tested 136hp and 126lb of tq. my torque level is really till i hit the mid 4s and hp starts to rise when its at mid 5s.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
headers

i believe that headers do exist for the GXE they just have to be modded slightly to fit so they aren't really bolt on but i have heard of people doing it, Am i the only one who has heard this?

·
Registered
111 Posts
headers for gxe?

hey sentra2kgxe, i have not heard of any headers out for our car yet. if i did, id be the first to buy them. if u can mod them which headers are they and how much do they cost, and with installation. please give me info, becausr i really want headers. thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
yea Sentra2KGXE, pls keep us informed :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts