B15 Sentra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I changed my oil yesterday (1200 miles) and while I had it up on the lift I looked around. My exhaust is different from a pic that someone had once shown me. I could only see 1 cat, and 2 mufflers. Someone had told me that there is a cat kind of combined with the stock exhaust manifold, but mine didnt have that (or at least I didnt see it), I didnt take off the heat shielding tho. Is that correct?

For those ppl w/ aftermarket systems-> Does the stromung or hks get rid of the first muffler?

·
Registered
312 Posts
You have this set up:

Header (exhaust manifold)
Cat (close coupled to header)
Flex pipe
Cat
Resonator
Muffler

The Stromung system replaces the stock resonator and the muffler with a midpipe and Stromung muffler, unless you specifically request that Stromung weld a resonator
into the midpipe.

G

·
The 1st cat is difficult to see because it is hidden behind the heat sheilding. No one even knew it was there until someone replace the stock manifold. It sucks for us because it makes it more difficult to install headers without the CEL coming on. Grrrr. Damn emmissions.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whats your definition of a muffler and of a resonator? they are pretty much the same thing.

i call it a muffler, you call it a resonator..... tomato, tomato heh :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Kevin C.---'01 SR20DE said:
whats your definition of a muffler and of a resonator? they are pretty much the same thing.

the 2nd one should be tomatoe..hehe. :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Kevin C.---'01 SR20DE said:

Go to a muffler shop and tell them to take out the first muffler and when they correct you that it's a resonator, tell them "You know what I mean, it's the same thing." Then tell me the look on their face. It's a resonator.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.