B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question. what is the safest and best size in diameter to get cat back piping done. my muffler told me my SE has less then 2", about 1 5/8", whatever that is. he told me not to go higher then 2.5" or i will loose power and back pressure. anyone experienced with this. that is the recommened size?

·
Registered
623 Posts
if ur not running turbo 2 1/4 is the biggest u want to go. if u go 2 1/2, ull loose low eng power... ur engine needs back pressure. but if ur running a turbo, then u migt want to go with 2 1/2 or even 3 if ur gonna be boosting alot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yep, 2.25"

------------------
I'm not afraid of the redline, reaching it before I pull the lever. A Chevy owner found this out in a side-street race endeavor.At 6500 RPM my Jap 4-banger flew on by him. As the man shook his head he knew he'd ben bettered. He stuck his head out of the car and yelled "Man, that thing can REV FOREVER!"

·
Registered
124 Posts
Go 2.25" for NA, 2.5" for NOS, and 3 inch for turbo.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (2set), Nis-knacks clear corners, timing at 19 degrees, Hotshot header(installing this week)
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts