B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was cruising down the AVE. in Fall River MA. last night which is like a hot spot for all kinds of hooked up cars and what not,but anyway I notice this 2K black SE passes me in the left lane and we come to a stop and I'm like damn a semi hooked up 2K,,,,so now I'm getting happy caused he had Rhode Island plates on....So we talked briefly caused I had to be somewhere,,,,But he had a set of coilovers on and that cars was bouncing really badly and what not so I was saying to myself is that normal or what?? I have had lowered cars before in my lifetime and never experienced bounce that much,,,,So what do you guys think it was? Do you think it was the coilovers or maybe a blown shock????

Do you guys think I'll get that much bounce with the Eibach sportlines?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Let me tell you. I had a ground control coil over kit on my civic and that thing ate up the stock shocks in like 2 weeks. It was aweful. I would go over bumps and the car would bounce so much my head actually hit the ceiling. I think he had blown shocks b.c that was my problem.

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
bounce

Was the car really low? I believe the B15 inherited the lack of suspension travel problem from the B14s and I think the B13s also. It could be a possiblility that he had blown shocks along with zero suspension travel causing the car to bottom out on the bumpstops.

If the car was really low then the extreme lowering caused the shocks to say bye bye because of the constant bottoming of the suspension. later

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Like Nismo00 said. Needs new shocks, and has no travel. From what I heard, the Sportlines aren't much worse than the stock springs.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: bounce

nismo00 said:
Was the car really low? I believe the B15 inherited the lack of suspension travel problem from the B14s and I think the B13s also. It could be a possiblility that he had blown shocks along with zero suspension travel causing the car to bottom out on the bumpstops.

If the car was really low then the extreme lowering caused the shocks to say bye bye because of the constant bottoming of the suspension. later
Yeah it had the stock 16's on and the tire was sitting inside the wheel well.....

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SR20DE 2K said:
Like Nismo00 said. Needs new shocks, and has no travel. From what I heard, the Sportlines aren't much worse than the stock springs.
What do you mean by this????So if I drop my Eibachs in they won't hurt my car any more than the stock springs???

G

·
That thing was LOW

Wheels were tucked inside the fenderwells!? Damn, that thing was WAY low. He had to have had over a 2" drop on that thing. If that was the case, he was probably riding around on the bumpstops. That would make for one heck of a bouncy ride.

The sportlines are much stiffer than stock. The Sportlines are like 20% stiffer than the pro-kits, which are like 15% stiffer than OEM. The lower you go, the higher the spring rate has to be to compensate for the reduced travel.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if I install the springs how bad will it be on my shocks?

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Sentra Styling said:
SR20DE 2K said:
What do you mean by this????So if I drop my Eibachs in they won't hurt my car any more than the stock springs???
Sorry. I didn't elaborate. I was talking about the ride quality/bounciness. The Sportlines won't be much bouncier than the stockers... or so I heard.

As for how bad (and how soon) it'll f* up your shocks, I dunno.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts