B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. no more sour grapes- just a question? Since I had my "remanufactured" auto trans. installed in my new (400 mile SE), I have the feeling that the rpm is a little higher in 4 th gear than before. Next time you folks get in your car could you give me the rpm at 60 mph. Make sure that you are on level road and you are neither accelerating or deaccelerating, as this can make a difference. Just for the hell of it if you have a manual check it out in 5 th. Could be interesting. Could tell us all if our tachs/spedo/auto trans are working the same. Oh; tires could make a difference- don't know if Nissan converted. Than again probably the OD of the 14, 15, 16 inch tires are the same??
I know 60 is a little fast for some of u, so you can do it at 50 instead and we can convert to 60.

Thanks,
Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans
Car partly remanufactured
(Sarcastic comment)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Al.
Here is what I got last night.
100km. 3100rpm 5th gear
140km. 4000rpm 5th gear.
200km. 6500rpm 5th gear.(still have about
200-300 rpm b4 redline)
Hope this can help . : )

------------------
B15-SE w/ sport package.
5spd. Black.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for taking the trouble.

i86time: Thats exactly what I got, somewhere between 2250 and 2300 rpm. Thats a good sign, I guess.

Thanks again.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans
Car partly remanufactured
(Sarcastic comment)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i hit 75 in third before i red lined..... about 3500 at 60mph in fourth

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires

·
Registered
940 Posts
aint it said that our new b15 has lower rpm redline then the previous se-r's?!

b15=6800
b12-b14=7500

got to get a chip!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
yah.... the older ones are about 7200 when our b15 are about 6700.... pretty cheezy huh? I hit my limit all the time

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires

1 - 9 of 9 Posts