Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im getting a deal on installation on the following:
Rockford Fosgate 301S amp 900 peak 330 watt rms
Rockford Fosgate 1001BD amp 1000watt rms
Phoenix Gold Tantrum X 10inch 350watt RMS sub,
12inch Phoenix Gold Xs Series sub (not sure of exact RMS if someone has an exact figure please post)
Phoenix Gold 6.5inch Octane R component speakers with tweeters
And a custom box

The price for install with wires and a custom box is 220 canadian.
The guy who is doing it for me is a former employee of Futureshop and so it will be professionaly done, he also said he offers three types of enclosures some sort of water enclosure, fiberglass, and a regular wood enclosure. What would you guys recommend. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
youre putting a 10 and a 12 in your car? i dont get it.... youre not supposed to do that for one reason or another.... prolly sound like **** from what ive heard...

·
Just 35 more...
2,296 Posts
just because they're professional doesn't mean they'd do a good job. I have a friend, well, he was a friend who was also a professional. He overcharged me $30 from what he said he'd do, did a ****TY install which included running a high passed signal to my subs, told me that the SUB-W rca outputs on my head unit were NOT for subs, installed a 6.5" speaker crooked which pinched the surround and blew it, and used an unsealed box.

Don't expect a "professional" to do a good job regardless of their credentials.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
specracer2 said:
true that!!!!!!!! definitely go with an mdf box of ¾" and make sure it's a sealed box.
yup i was gonna get a sealed box from the start
so ditch getting the fiberglass or this water business?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts