B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think any of you guys have had this problem yet but it is really starting to make me mad.

One day i was washing my car and after i was done I went to take some pictures of it. Well when i got out of my car my friend asked me to show him some of the stuff in my car. When i came around to telling him about they security system I decided t o press the panic button and show him. Well to my surprise the panic button didn't work. So I decided that the remote must be screwed up. When i got home i took my other remote and tried the panic button on it and still it didn't work. Now i decided to test out to see if anything works. I closed the doors and tried to arm the system and after opening the door NOTHING. My keyless entry stuff still worked though.

Well i went to the dealer to get this probelm fixed. What is making me extremly mad is that my car has been in the dealer a total of more that 5 times in their shop. Everytime i go to pick it up the problem is still not fixed. So what should i do about this case. Is there anyway i could use the lemon law for this case?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't think the lemon law applies...

Someone probably knows better than I, but I think the lemon law only applies to having the same problem multiple times, and that problem has to be more sever than an alarm system malfunction. Check the owner's warranty manual...it has a small section on the lemon law...I believe it varies by state. Worse comes to worse, give Nissan Consumer Affairs a call to complain about the stealership's inabilty to fix things.:)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The story goes on AGAIN......... I pick up my car today and the service guy tells me the problem is fixed. I go ask the lady to sign me out and she tells me the papers have to be held a little bit longer due to the problem and the tech guys have to call up Nissan and talk to them. Now i started to get mad because every person is telling me a different story. One says it's fixed, the other says i need parts, one said i need to get the remotes reprogramed( although the remotes are not the thing that needs to be fixed. TO add to everything else the damn service people don't even look me in the face or care about explaining to me what the hell is going on. Every time i take the car in more parts seem to rattle as a result of there SO CALLED QUALITY SERVICE. Quick quality service my ***. SO now i will really take this into my own hands. I will make those lazy bastards pay BIG TIME.

Sorry i needed to vent big time....but im still very pissed of.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can screw them now

look what i found...in missouri if the MARKET VALUE of the car is lowered by the problem...broken stuff=less value.... **** NIssan..

Missouri Revised Statutes
Section 407.567
August 28, 1997

Replacement of motor vehicle or refund of purchase price, when-- allowance deducted
for consumer's use.

407.567. 1. If the manufacturer, through its authorized dealer or its agent, cannot conform the new motor vehicle to any applicable express warranty by repairing or correcting any default or condition which impairs the use, market value, or safety of the new motor vehicle to the consumer after a reasonable number of attempts, the manufacturer shall, at its option, either replace the new motor vehicle with a comparable new vehicle acceptable to the consumer, or take title of the vehicle from the consumer and refund to the consumer the full purchase price, including all reasonably incurred collateral charges, less a reasonable allowance for the consumer's use of the vehicle. The subtraction of a reasonable allowance for use shall apply when either a replacement or refund of the new motor vehicle occurs.

2. Refunds shall be made to the consumer and lienholder of record, if any, as their interests may appear

·
Registered
6 Posts
electrical problem

Have the dealer check the connection to vanity mirrors in sun visor. That was my problem for about 6 weeks; it was only recently discovered.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well both vanity mirror lights work. Also, why would that screw up the security system and the panic button on the remote?

·
Registered
6 Posts
electrical system

According to my mechanic, all the following are controlled by the same fuse: vanity mirrors, inside overhead light, trunk light, inside door locks for locking all doors at once, all remote functions, including the horn panic button and security system. When my remotes would no longer work (and it has happened 5 times already), all these things above would be inoperable. Right now I am waiting for a replacement visor for the passenger side (which had a bad connection). So far--after 3 days--everything is working--without the visor of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts