B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm tired of waiting for coilovers and shocks for our cars... i'm thinking about just going for Eibach sportlines (2" drop?) with the stock shocks/struts... i saw some of your pics, like Darksides and it looks as good as a coilover drop...

anyone know the B15 specific part #, where i can get them, how much etc... also those with it how do the stock shocks hold up? i also might go with the Eibach prokits since i understand they are much better performance wise due to our limited wheel travel... any info would be appreciated

------------------
2001 Sentra SE P/P, Window Tint, Razo carbon fiber pedals, SMC short shifter, Energy Suspension shifter bushing, Stillen front air dam, Place Racing CAI, K&N breather

G

·
I wouldn't count on your stock struts lasting very long....especially with the sportlines. They are considerably stiffer than the Pro-kit's. None of the B14 guys like the Sportlines very much because they take away so much of our precious compression travel. The Pro-kits would be a better choice for a daily driven car. BTW, I think the drop on the Sportlines is 1.6" front and 1.4" rear.

The Tirerack sells Eibach springs. They have Sportlines in stock, but are out of the Pro-kits for the time being.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- AEBS 4-1 Header
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Place Racing CAI (2 weeks and counting)
- Stillen Front Spoiler

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
None of the B14 guys like the Sportlines very much because they take away so much of our precious compression travel. The Pro-kits would be a better choice for a daily driven car. BTW, I think the drop on the Sportlines is 1.6" front and 1.4" rear.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

B14 sportlines were 1.9/1.9 inch drop.
B15 sportlines are 1.5/1.4 inch drop.
B15 Pro kits are 1.2/1 inch drop.

I havent had any problems with my shocks and ive had them since november or so...The ride is good and everything is fine so far....

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(the bastard sold my crx...so now im looking for another one, maybe a 91' 240sx)

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hey Josh, you have the Pro kit or the Sportlines? I was just wonderin..I think I need to cruise your site. :)

I spotted a B15 at the local Circuit City, and he had H&R(?) stickers above his fenderwells. His car seemed to be really low. Not sure I know what kind of setup he used.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Ive got the sportlines, they are not that low. When i first got them i was like WTF, this aint low at all. Most cant even tell it lower'd.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(the bastard sold my crx...so now im looking for another one, maybe a 91' 240sx)

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I always get the infamous "So when are you going to drop your car?" from my homies. Bastards. :D

I'm on Prokits by the way. Should have gone with the Sportlines.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE
Seeking SOHC VTEC once again...

·
Registered
446 Posts
you don't think the pro-kits would give you too much travel? how much for the install, i heard it is a PITA!!

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
15 Posts
The installation is real easy. I lowered my car myself. All you need is a Mcpherson spring compressor.

Eaibach Sportline part# 4.5563

------------------
PR CAI, Eibach Sportline Springs, Stillen Exhaust, 17x7 Enkei CDR9 w/215 40zr17 Yokohama Paradas
Future Mods: UR Ultra SS, Stillen Headers, Greddy catback(if they ever decide to make one)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iLLt3cK:
you don't think the pro-kits would give you too much travel? how much for the install, i heard it is a PITA!!

-iLL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
from what i saw, it was really easy. The rear springs especially, its not even an hour job. Had i known how easy it was i woulda saved some cash and done it myself.

Thanks Toffee, the rims are stock 16's powdercoated black.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(Searching for a Honda EF or 240sx Coupe)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the info guys... from darkside's pics, the sportlines look like they drop it pretty low... i think our cars don't have much suspension travel to begin with so i think it's not good to drop it too much without shortened struts/shocks right?

anyone see the Koni inserts listed for our cars at tirerack.com?

also carparts.com has B&G springs (1.5" drop) listed specifically for B15's... anyone familiar with them?

------------------
2001 Sentra SE P/P, Window Tint, Razo carbon fiber pedals, SMC short shifter, Energy Suspension shifter bushing, Stillen front air dam, Place Racing CAI, K&N breather

·
Registered
72 Posts
darkside
dude how much did you get it powdercoated for? i wanna get mine done too. i hope you dont mind since i got a black se anywaysand since you live in cali you wont be seing me by any chance

thanks bro!

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKsiDe_SE:
Ive got the sportlines, they are not that low. When i first got them i was like WTF, this aint low at all. Most cant even tell it lower'd.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you get them local San Diego, or did you order them? I ferget if you told people how much you got them for. :)

I also would like to know your take on the comfort level. I dropped my old GXE on 2" Sprints, and man, I did feel it. My back is still bent out of shape from it. :p

After seeing that lowered, what now I recall GXE, I'm interested in mine as well.

------------------
Marvin
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darkwing105:
thanks for all the info guys... from darkside's pics, the sportlines look like they drop it pretty low?

also carparts.com has B&G springs (1.5" drop) listed specifically for B15's... anyone familiar with them?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
My sportlines are 1.5 which isnt low at all.

Toffee, i paid $125(which is really cheap ive heard) sandblasted and powdercoated.

OG mr.sentra, i paid $250 installed at pann auto in San Diego. The ride is fine...not bouncy, not too stiff.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Damn Josh, I had Pann Auto install my Greddy Exhaust and my Injen POP on my old GXE! :)

Hmm...125 bucks for your rims, huh? That I think was a pretty good price. I should look into that. Also, what did Pann do special for the springs? Was it just completely easy??

------------------
Marvin

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Original Mr Sentra:
Damn Josh, I had Pann Auto install my Greddy Exhaust and my Injen POP on my old GXE! :)

Hmm...125 bucks for your rims, huh? That I think was a pretty good price. I should look into that. Also, what did Pann do special for the springs? Was it just completely easy??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pann is pretty good with most stuff esp if you own a Honda. Prices are good, u gotta get used to their customer service :)

The powdercoating was done at Valley Powdercoating in El Cajon. They hooked me, normal price there is $150 which is still cheap. Im happy with the results but if for my Kosei K-1's im gonna have them anodized if the price is right.

On the b15, the rear springs are really easy to remove. Jack up the rear end, remove the wheel, unscrew a few nuts and the springs/shock drops out. The front isnt different from previous years.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKsiDe_SE:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
See that's what I don't want,,,,I mean yeah I can tell josh's car was lowered but to the average person looking at it would never know and if I'm gonna drop my ride it's gonna be for 2 reasons,,,
1.performance
2.looks
So I want people to know I dropped it.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hey Gene! I saw this GXE, dropped almost to the ground! Well, it was really low, you can definitely notice it, and it didn't even have the side sills. It had a H&R sticker by the fenderwell, but I have no idea what the guy actually has. I wonder how the performance is.. I think I should go see him, he works at Circuit City.

------------------
Marvin

·
Registered
145 Posts
I went with the pro kit, I actually didn't want the ground hugging effect, was more interested in the performance characteristics. It did what I wanted it to do, radically reduced the under steer. Gave it more precise handling. Adios Amigos

------------------
2001 se,pp,5spd,moonroof,stillen pop charger,stainless streetline exhaust,panther alloys,eibach lowered.Former ride 94 se-r.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts