B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading a lot of posts regarding suspension options for the B15, or rather the lack of. I am still trying to figure out why it is so difficult for these companies to make lowering spring and strut combination that lowers the car and has the proper dampening to provide good handling, a good ride, and not have the car bottom out.

------------------
'97 VW Golf Trek - modded
'00 Sentra SE - PP, PIAAs, Tint

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Wow man, if I had that answer, I'd give it to you. :) It's really annoying of the lack of aftermarket support we have as Sentra owners. I believe my car is as sportier as any other import! Let's hope this Ground Control issue follows through. If not, I'll hope that KYB AGX's come out for our cars, and I'll hook up with some Sportlines. Seems like we always go up against the extremely tall hurdles.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shftat6:
I've been reading a lot of posts regarding suspension options for the B15, or rather the lack of. I am still trying to figure out why it is so difficult for these companies to make lowering spring and strut combination that lowers the car and has the proper dampening to provide good handling, a good ride, and not have the car bottom out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my take on it is that there is not enough money in it for the vendors. it's the same old honda argument. they (honda) have alot of aftermarket support because there are alot of customers. i don't mean customers for sidemarkers or clear tails, i mean hardcore performance customers. the more people there are to push, the more gets done. your basic supply/demand structure.

as with any suspension setup, there are different levels of upgrades. just as many honda owners bottom out as anyone else. some of it could be using cut springs, or bad installation or even cheap parts/material. there are more idioits driving hondas than nissan's right now. why? well, i imagine since there are soo many of them on the road, then the % of good to idiot increases. also, honda's are the fad or the rage or craze right now. this brings in more people and more idiots as well. (the idiot to good ratio again)

some of the vendors david and i have talked to that have responded negatively have done it for the same reason. (the ones that have disclosed to us the real reason) not a big enough customer support. without customers, then no money. no money, no business.

to make your car handle better, you can bypass lowering your car altogether. if you have some really good tires, upgrade the rubber bushing to polyurethane, install a rear sway bar and upgrade the front one, the car WILL handle like a champ. granted, a lower center of gravity is good too, but you have to decide what the cost. it will cost you either a good ride or it will cost you some $$$. i myself plan to do the aforementioned while saving for a phat coilover system. one way or another, you will pay. :D

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
169 Posts
Every nissan in recent memory (except Z32 and s13-14 240's) have had a lack of support. S13/14 240's can get JDM parts wich opens up options ofr them, but it is still slow going. The 2 major nissan parts developers in the country (stillen and JWT) like to drag their feet. Stillen has jumped onto the honda band wagon hardcore as of late. JWT just drags their feet.

Fortunatly Sr20 powered B15's should have pleanty of options once manufactures make slight adjustments to some parts to account for engine bay clearances.

Eventhough honda parts are pleantiful and cheap the quality of some of the inexpensive stuff in the aftermarket is suspect.

Considering that the b15 has been on the market a little over a year some manufactures may still need more time for R&D..

Doc

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shftat6:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts