B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, still a newbie again... That sucks!!!

Can somebody explain me how the ECU can recognize the news settings if we unplug the battery.

Fine details please!

If somebody can bring me back as I was before, that be great!
Tnks

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
what were you before?

when you disconnect the ecu, or reset it, it goes back to factory settings. it then, over the next few days relearns. basically.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I did the ECU reset thing.

Guy, I did the reset thing last night.

I dont know yet if it changed much, last night when I first started the car after a reset I just drove my car HARD.

Giving it lots of gas, went straight on the highway, didint go over 4th gear, peeled, everything I could think off to make my car feel like its race driving :)))

Anyways, I dont know If I just did all this for nothing or if its going to make a difference.

We'll see.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I ask to an expert...

For u in french, sorry for the others:

Here is what an engineer in electronic told me:

Un ordinateur adaptatif, ce que tu as dans ton Sentra, est un ordinateur qui fonctionne selon la logique flou qui consiste a une série de paramètre du genre aller lentement, moins lentement, vite, plus vite... plutot que du genre 1+1=2. Alors ton ordinateur détecte ton style de conduite et le fait fiter avec les paramètre qu'il a. Pour etre sur qu'il s'adapte vraiment a un style plus performant, tu déconnectes ta batterie pour mettre les paramètres de l'ordinateur a zéro. Apres tu vas le battre quelques minutes et alors ils sera comme en mode performance... mais si tu vas conduire en pépère apres bien les paramètres vont changer... dans le fond tu n'es pas oubligé de déconnecté la batterie pour changer les paramètres, l'ordinateur le fait toujours. C'est juste que tu vas etre sure que les paramètres vont etre automatiquement les bons si tu déconnectes la batterie.

Je me suis pas donner la peine de tout écrire, c'est WaaaZZZaaa!!! qui est venu le faire ;)

I took this on my forum in Quebec.

Hope it helps u too!!

I'll be gone for 3 weeks... I'm gonna miss my baby...

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Re: I did the ECU reset thing.

SpIcEz said:
Guy, I did the reset thing last night.

I dont know yet if it changed much, last night when I first started the car after a reset I just drove my car HARD.

Giving it lots of gas, went straight on the highway, didint go over 4th gear, peeled, everything I could think off to make my car feel like its race driving :)))

Anyways, I dont know If I just did all this for nothing or if its going to make a difference.

We'll see.
Isn't this going to f**k up your air-to-fuel ratio and ruin your mileage? I'm not sure though. I'm new to Nissan engines. Anyone?

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
SR20DE 2K

I was thinking the same thing. I drove mine new like an old man (which I am). But I can say that when I step on it, it's all there. Gas milage for me is amazingly good too.

G

·
The ECU is a Mystery

When I reset my ECU, I noticed a SIGNIFICANT drop in overall performance. The nice 4,500RPM hit was completely gone, and overall the car felt sluggish. It took nearly 1 month for the car to get back to it's old self.

If you go to obdii.com you will find some ecu reset procedures for other cars. It isn't as easy as unplugging the battery in many cases. There are specific procedures to reset individual systems that the ECU controls.

I didn't reset the ECU after I did the CAI. In a way, I am glad I didn't. I guess you could make a case for having the ECU "learn" with the new mod, but won't it do that anyway? I mean, the only two things that will change are the intake temp. and that the MAF sensor will register a higher flow rate. The car has to adjust to changing conditions on a continual basis. I dunno, we may never know how the ECU really works. hahaha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts