B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys sorry for the 2 posts in a row but i'm new to this i just had a question about the ECU's , I knew some kid that had a civic and he said that the ECU killed his engine ? can that happen like are ECU's bad for your engine? also i read somthing about reseting them what would be the point?
Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hmmmm, well there you go and get naive Civic friends. You can go ahead and switch from Fuel Injection to Carburated if you want, please post pics wehn you do, heheh :)
j/k, That is complete BS about the computer, the only thing the ECU does bad to your car is limit the RPM range available to the engine, and limit your top speed as well, you timing and fuel curves can also be enhanced by a better ecu. A carburated project sentra would be baddass, like getting all old school kinda stuff on our new car, heheh

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Custom Aluminum Mesh Front Grille by Myself, Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust, and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in less than 2 weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
312 Posts
I suppose if the ECU got fried it could
technically "kill" the engine, since the
engine would either operate in "limp
home" mode, or cease to run at all.

Other than that, I've never heard of an
ECU being responsible for literally destroying an engine.

As far as resetting them, sometimes, as is
the case with the Sentra, you'll have a learning ECU. If you do a lot of modifications on your car, it may be helpful
to allow the ECU to relearn the optimal settings it should use for the engine, based
on the modifications you have made. You do this removing the negative battery cable for
a certain amount of time, effectively resetting the ECU.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI (in da mail), Kenwood KFC-1738Cs (in da back), gas cap holder (on da side)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Should'nt it be the positive pole on the battery???

A mechanic at A Nissan dealer told me it was the + ???

------------------
Se Red Cajun
5speed
P/P
K'N filter with POp Cone filter
Racing pedals
Mini Antennae

·
Registered
312 Posts
Could be positive... Most of the posts I've
seem on this forum said negative.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI - Still waiting
Stromung cat. back - This weekend
Kenwood KFC-1738Cs
Gas cap holder

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
It's the negative post you dissconnect :)

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
3 Posts
i took the batt out and charged it up put it back in and now my cars fule pump wont come on dash lights radio ect ect..what now?cant start my car it turns over but no start help plezzzz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts