B15 Sentra Forum banner

ECU swap, Se-R -> Spec-V

12K views 58 replies 20 participants last post by  rogertherenagade0997 
#1 ·
So I was reading in some older posts, that many people beleive the 10 "magical" HP the spec has over the base Se-R is in the ECU tuning, and probably from the intake.

That being the case, couldn't you swap out the ECU's of an Se-R and a Spec and dyno before/after?

Figure you'd give the new ecu's time to relearn their new car?

If one of you dyno mongers could do that maybe it'd be kinda neat?

-Jason

#27 ·
2KBlackSE said:
either way ill take my sr20 over the stock not-so-spec-v wanna be se-r or a spec-v :) especially if i was to drive an auto se-r... YUCK! who woulda ever thought to put that as even an option on the car, and the person who buys an auto se-r, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??!!!!
im thinkin my car is probably faster and better looking then yours ;)

#30 ·
lol...i ran a 16.064@84...if ur a good driver and ur not auto u could beat me...COULD ;)

#31 ·
bro i have been told by many drivers that have taken professional driving courses that i am precise in my shifting and barely needto improve my launch. At the track, in about 75 degree weather at night, my best time was a 16.7 with I,E. Although i did go from a 17.3 down to a 17.1 down to a 16.7 so maybe since it was my first time there i can do better now. :) and RAPE that thing u call a "car"

#32 ·
those are some horrible times dude...can't a 5 speed SE run 15.9 stock?

#37 · (Edited)
2KBlackSE said:
bro i have been told by many drivers that have taken professional driving courses that i am precise in my shifting and barely needto improve my launch. At the track, in about 75 degree weather at night, my best time was a 16.7 with I,E. Although i did go from a 17.3 down to a 17.1 down to a 16.7 so maybe since it was my first time there i can do better now. :) and RAPE that thing you call a "car"
Not for nothing buuuuuut....If your as good as a driver as YOU say you are then maybe next time you rave about your driving skills you'll put your REACTION times down than what you did in the quarter. And dont take this personally cuz i was just stating a point.

#38 ·
good point.... well taken... now ur gonna make me search through all my old car paperwork... 3 file folders of it and find that damn time slips... GRRR!

ok found em, heres the times:

1st Run
RT 1.388
60' 2.632
1/4 17.273
MPH 79.00

2nd run
RT 1.265
60' 2.413
1/4 16.512
MPH 82.99

3rd run
RT 1.052
60' 2.477
1/4 16.377
MPH 83.51

#39 ·
2KBlackSE said:
good point.... well taken... now your gonna make me search through all my old car paperwork... 3 file folders of it and find that damn time slips... GRRR!

ok found em, heres the times:

1st Run
RT 1.388
60' 2.632
¼ 17.273
MPH 79.00

2nd run
RT 1.265
60' 2.413
¼ 16.512
MPH 82.99

3rd run
RT 1.052
60' 2.477
¼ 16.377
MPH 83.51
You need to work on your R/T before you are going to go any lower on your times

#43 ·
2KBlackSE said:
the best RT time of the cars i ran against was a .786 so yeah i could knock off .3-.4 right there and drop my 60' about .2 and lower my total run about .5 or so and increase the mph doing it.... so in theory with perfect driving i should be at like 15.7???
But this isnt about those other guys....You were the one who said " I was told by other professional drivers that my shifting is precise".........And if those are your r/t's......Sit down!!!

#44 ·
shifting being precise and getting a good RT time dont go together smart *****! RT is how fast u got ur foot down from when the green light hit... ur 60' time is how well u launch... and so on... so my shifts were good.... remember this was in 10/02 and i bought my FIRST manual car in 06/02 (my sentra) so now that its been 2 years, im sure i can do MUCH better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.