B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since a few of you here REALLY want an upgraded ECU here's an idea you may want to consider if you can't wait or plan to have your car for a while. JWT has cracked the 1997 ECU, and it will work in the b15. The only catch is you will have to splice it in. In other words, you will have to chop up your factory harness. You may want to keep this in mind because here it is 2001, and JWT hasn't gotten around to hacking the 1998 ECU. Besides, using the 97 ECU may allow you to go straight to the turbo kit JWT is offering
(as seen in turbo magazine).

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
good idea and all but if something goes wrong and you getta take it to the dealer and they see that they'll void that warranty really fast...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
[size=-2]Lets bring really really really old thread back to life. One of the guys who posted this over 2 years ago is still here. I wonder what happend to the other guy.

·
Now I have two boys!
2,356 Posts
For SE's, this is a viable option. In fact most people going turbo are going this route (b14 ECU). There is some wiring and fun to be had, but it's thought of to be one of the most reiable setups.

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Hum... how the C-VTC, NDIS, throttle-by-wire and everything else that was NOT in 97 will work with a 97 ECU?!?!

Forget it bro... anyway, JWT is about to crack our QG18/QR25 ECU. Travis got some inside source!

·
SHIFT_my nuts
1,862 Posts
angel2167882 said:
Hum... how the C-VTC, NDIS, throttle-by-wire and everything else that was NOT in 97 will work with a 97 ECU?!?!

Forget it bro... anyway, JWT is about to crack our QG18/QR25 ECU. Travis got some inside source!
i think he was referring only to the SEs. but yeah, that is old news...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts