B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think someone from here is going to buy my 7995 Headunit in a few days, selling in order to go to an Eclipse mostly because I prefer the look for the SE and it should be competitive with what I had. I was looking at a slightly used 5342 that someone was willing to sell for $240 shipped, but then I find an audio site where someone posted that their Tweeter had it for $270 new authorized in January.

Can anyone recommend an Eclipse deck, new or used, for $200-260 ish that will be competent?

·
Registered
966 Posts
what're you looking to get out of the new HU??? You can't go wrong with eclipse head units imo. I much prefer them to alpine.

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
I'd go w/the deck Placenta got... I think it's the 3434 or something like that. I'm so pleased with my 8454, I can't begin to explain it. Once I get a second little amp to power my rear speakers, I'm going to set my 500/5 up to bi-amp my comps and really go nuts w/the thing.

Regardless, the sound reproduction from my Eclipse (as compared to the three Alpines I've owned before it) is so clean and crisp. The bass is less boomy though, which be my one semi-complaint.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
If you don't *need* time adjustment.. CD3434 is teh sh1t man.. I've told ya this already :D

even with less features, it just sounds CLEANER :D

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
It's hard to go from having an alpine w/time adjustment to any other deck w/o time adjustment. I had to deal with it for 8 months while I had my CVA-1004, and it just bothered me to no end.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i'll have my CD5444 on thurs... i'll let you know how it sounds with the new LP i ordered :) (yes adam, i ordered it :D)

looks amazing, and has all the features of the 8454 minus the super-advanced tuning mode for your computer

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Jasper said:
i'll let you know how it sounds with the new LP i ordered :) (yes adam, i ordered it :D)
yay!
that makes 2 people that I've gotten to order the LP

they've made a lot of money because of mumra

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
LP? :confused:

I want to replace my old Alpine 7863 and Eclipse would be a natural upgrade, but I just couldn't have peace of mind without a detachable face....especially because I live in a condo where my car can, at times, be parked far away from my doorstep :(

·
Registered
631 Posts
diwun67 said:
Ok gotcha, I'm guessing Jasper is talking about a Linear Power amp :)

yep :)
the new T03 Series HV2.2 is on order :) in blackkkkkkkkkkk :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
2001 SE #2 said:
yay!
that makes 2 people that I've gotten to order the LP

they've made a lot of money because of mumra
Haha...

It really is a great amp. Now Jasper will get to find out what LP is all about :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
2001 SE #2 said:
it's onyx bitch, get it right

:)
Im glad you set him straight.:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the Eclipse CD8052 and love it! Can't go wrong with the Eclipse stuff. I have had Alpine in the past though and can't say anything bad about it either.

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Jasper said:
i'll have my CD5444 on thurs... i'll let you know how it sounds with the new LP i ordered :) (yes adam, i ordered it :D)

looks amazing, and has all the features of the 8454 minus the super-advanced tuning mode for your computer
I have the 5441 on its way with the 21000 eq from an auction (edit got both for $180). The Nak 35 and 45 doesn't like burned cd's and it was starting to get to me. I also couldn't live with low mid tre for adjustment even with the bass expansion and sonic holography.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts