1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was browsing throught some auctions and came across a Ebay
CAI with a K&N Filter. I am not up on all the Spec V stuff like I am
SR20 cars but if I could have bought a generic CAI that had a K&N
filter for my 91 SE-R I would go for it. Being I am not up on my CAI's for Spec V's I thought I should give you guys a ring and see what you thought.
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tapper what do you think of the MR Axle back. Wife is bugging the crap out of me to get her some stuff for her Spec V.
Is it lDrowning? too loud? just right?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b_tapper said:
it works for me...not spending another $300 for maybe another 2hp...lol
Yeah I hear that. I was wandering though, how does it sound?
I am especially concerned about how loud it is. Also how was fitment?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
It fits perfect
It's not really all that loud, except at really slow speeds sometimes. Compared to every other exhaust I've heard on a sentra I'd say it's one of the quietest ones

·
Registered
153 Posts
ITs311Pete said:
Was browsing throught some auctions and came across a Ebay
CAI with a K&N Filter. . .
I also went for a CAI on Ebay. It's hard to let pass when it's half the price of a new one. It did actully read K&N, and not just "K&N style filter", right?

·
Uses hands while bouncing
654 Posts
Re: Re: Ebay CAI with K&N Filter

rede2roll said:
I also went for a CAI on Ebay. It's hard to let pass when it's half the price of a new one. It did actully read K&N, and not just "K&N style filter", right?
Nah, you crazy, it's K&N filter only on a generic CAI pipe.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Should be alright.

I always hear "AEM is the best", but those have a good record of breaking. some of these generic ones have been installed and the results have been pretty good coming from a lot of guys.

I've gotten a brand name CAI, and I'd prefer another brand.

·
Registered
153 Posts
SPECVSPEED said:
Nah, you crazy, it's K&N filter only on a generic CAI pipe.
I understand the quality vs. price concern, but so long as there no air obstruction and there's proper fitment, what could be the harm?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep a Generic CAI with a K&N filter not a K&N style filter.

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
A friend of mine just ordered the mandrel bends he needed and made his own with a K&N. For the axle back the Vibrant sounds nice and it's reasonably priced. Search that one there's a sound clip somewhere on here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have that cai and i think it is for a se 'cause i had to mod the maf adapter to fit on my gxe. It is really nice and i like it a lot. the only thing that sucks is the clip that u use to attach it to the car frame so it doesn't move too much just broke after maybe 3 months so i had to make a new one. other than that, great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts