B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just picked up my dyno sheets from the shop that my mechanic dyno'd the car at. I think there was some miscommunication because I initially was told that it made 227 whp and 215 ft lbs of torque. It actually made 219 whp and 215 ft lbs of torque. I am still quite satisfied for 5 lbs of boost with air fuels between 10.8:1 and 11:1. Also, as you will notice on the dyno graph, it was 91 degrees during my runs.

Jamie at Powetech said these numbers are great for the way the car is setup and that it is running very efficiently. As you can see on the graph, the power tails off right before 6000 RPM. Either the turbo runs out of steam or they fattened the air/fuel at the upper range.

I am happy either way as the car is running absolutely great. I figured that most cars were losing about 17% from crank power to wheel power when stock. I think most cars were making about 145 whp, which is 17% less than 175 claimed stock power. If this stays constant, which I am unsure of, then I am making 265 hp and 260 ft lbs. I like to do this just for comparison with other stock cars. Can you say look out S2000, Boxster S, WRX, and of course we can't leave out Mustang GT!

The sheet is posted on my car domain site (link in signature).

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
That seems very low compared to the others... I thought the PTI kit in stock form was running ~235hp to the ground, requiring a boost to get to the ~260hp numbers that FIR is getting.

·
Southern Shift Racing
2,511 Posts
Thats one beautiful Spec you have there. :D Damn, all these boosted Specs are making me jones for boost. :( But alas, I'm staying the course with N/A...200whp or bust. :D

Those are decent numbers, but something tells me you'll be getting a MBC and upping the boost to 7-8psi in no time. :cool:

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
silversurfer said:
Those are decent numbers, but something tells me you'll be getting a MBC and upping the boost to 7-8psi in no time. :cool:
For real, but stay with the program for a break-in period, resist the itch for now IMO and maybe go with a boost controller soon after. Looks very well put together, shiney and everything :) Congrats on the numbers. They may seem a little low, but it's only 5 psi and will be better in the long run as you obviously know.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Cant the heat eat up 10-15 WHP?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
T Dot said:
I figured that most cars were losing about 17% from crank power to wheel power when stock. I think most cars were making about 145 whp, which is 17% less than 175 claimed stock power. If this stays constant, which I am unsure of, then I am making 265 hp and 260 ft lbs.
First of all congrats!!!! :D I just wanted to note as far as I can remember, the more power you're putting down, the less drivetrain loss you'll receive, like you're probably only loosing like maybe 14-15% instead of the stock 17% to the wheels, IMO. NONETHELESS, you are still pushing some nice numbers with only 5 psi. Great job and way to represent! :)

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
hey how much did it cost to be installed, in CAD$? im just tryin to see on average how much it cost for the install cause ill be purchasing the PTI QG18 kit when done :D

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
The dyno corrects for heat.

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
Actually I jsut looked at your graph and it has actual HP and tq. Did they not use correction factors? If not ask them for the SAE correction and that is the power you would make in an ideal situation. Actually a lot of times actual HP will be a bit higher than SAE. Mine was and it was hot when I dynoed as well. The number you want to go with is SAE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts