max horsepower was 135hp
torque was like 126

with timing advanced like a degree or two

hp was 136
torque was like 128

with timing advanced to like 19......
my max horsepower is = 138.7 hp
my max torque is = 133.1 lbs

i wish i knew what the real timing was set at..... i asked the guy (Jason) if he had a timing light, but was reluctant of getting a timing reading on my car..... i guess they wanted me out of there quick.... whats up with people now a days... no customer service....

they only printed out my last run..... so i just know my last max hp and torque...... I asked Colby to print out the first two... im going to pick it up on sat. Oh yah.... this was at Powerhouse is Esco.

im going to get a timing light so I can see what its set at

G

·
What mods do you have? Seems like everyone is ending up at around 136 to the wheels with the CAI, Headers, UDP and exhaust. I guess that is the magic number.

Good numbers though. That timing really does work. I'd be careful about running the car without having it properly set though! Ya don't want any detonation.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
exactly.....thats why i was kinda pissed.... they have a dyno but cant even take the time to tune my ride right..... i'll get a timing light soon.....

my mods are

HS CAI
HS Header
HKS Cat-back Exhaust
Nology Hotwires
advanced timing

Carbon Fiber Hood
17inch Tenzo-R 2-Type on Yokohama Parada 215/40

on the last run... we let the engine cool down and put a fan up on the valve cover and intake manifold...... and had a fan running in front of my ride for every run for some added flow

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
so how in the hell does the dealer quote 145 hp for a stock SE!

I'm confused:confused:

·
Registered
623 Posts
145hp is measured at the flywheel. when u put ur car on a dyno, they measure it from the wheels. so when the 145 gets to the wheels, it'll be like 120 or so.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Them bastages....

·
Registered
816 Posts
Man, 136 with all those mods? The Civic Si puts out 141hp and 105tq stock. With the bolt-ons, it gets like 152hp and forgot the tq number.

Kinda disappointing. I guess I gotta wait for the turbo to get some real numbers.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
SDsr20de858

Do you have your stock wheels. I would like to see if you gain a few hp with the stock wheels on. Maybe you will be close to 140hp which would be nice.

My car is going to be dyno'ed this Sat...

It has the
Stromung Exhaust
HS CAI
UR Pulleys

We can do a little comparision what the hotshot header will give people.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
iLLt3cK said:
david!!! energy suspension shifter bushings!!! whats the deal????

Its still in my trunk I have been lazy.. BTW turn on private messaging. :p

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
really?? you think that the stocks would be lighter......

my rims weight = 20.75 (without tires)

sounds like something I might want to check...... Powerhouse is having a Fast and Furious dyno day special on Sat... 25 bucks for a power run... no tuning..... I might try it just to see which wheels yield more hp.

Gotta say that advancing timing really helped out in the torque section..... 133.1lbs, I am very happy with that number..... i wouldve like 140hp though

the pulleys really make that 1 hp....... itll be cool to see how big a difference a header makes

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
RadiumJohn said:
Man, 136 with all those mods? The Civic Si puts out 141hp and 105tq stock. With the bolt-ons, it gets like 152hp and forgot the tq number.

Kinda disappointing. I guess I gotta wait for the turbo to get some real numbers.
of course its gonna make more hp, but torque is still nowhere to be found. Stock SI's range from 132-140 at the wheels...

peep the dyno charts from clubSI
http://www.clubsi.com/dyno.shtml

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
SDsr20de858,

I'm not sure, I just would be curious to see what happens with the 16" wheels.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts